Huge thanks to Rokslide and EnLIGHTened Equipment!

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide, along with EnLIGHTened Equipment recently put on a drawing giving away a 10* and 30* Enigma 850DT with Downtek. I threw my name in for the 30*, hunting mostly in Washington where you are typically more concerned about rain than frigid temperatures. Well wouldn't you know it, I got an email the day of the drawing informing me that I won!! I couldn't believe it. I am going to paramedic school in Idaho and took off this past weekend to watch the Hawks throttle the Broncos with family and friends, do some coastal steelhead fishing, and get up on the mountains for some snowboarding. I arrived home yesterday to find my new quilt waiting for me already!

I have a RevX 20* I ordered last year and put around 10-12 nights in it this last season (paramedic school ruins everything). I was in love with this quilt, and compared to my old 0* synthetic bag that weighed in at 5lbs, I was in heaven when packing it around. Once I cracked open the box I simply could not believe how LIGHT this thing was. The RevX I have is the older style that has 20% overstuff with 850 fill, and this Enigma is still noticeably lighter.

I have provided a few pictures to show the new baffle style, the loft that each quilt has after lying out for a bit, the size of each (the RevX is long/regular, Enigma Reg/wide), and the size of each in their provided stuff sacks.
20140204_100517.jpg
20140204_101821.jpg
20140204_102220.jpg

I wish I had more time to do a thorough review but my National Registry written and paractical exams are but a couple weeks away and I have to keep at the studying. Just wanted to give a quick thanks to both parties. This site ROKS!

-Rian

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting Rian, glad you like the new quilt. Keep us posted as you get into the field.

MarshLaw303

Lil-Rokslider
Rian,

A big congratulations! Thanks for showing a quick side by side with the older RevX model. I think that will help people who are confused by the differences. Enjoy it and be sure to find some time to test it hard and tell us how it goes.

-Tim

littlebuf

Banned
Congrats, that's a great prize to win right there. My wife just picked up my enigma from the post office and it's waiting g for me at home. Thinking about sleeping in The tree house tonight

OP
shootnrun

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I can notice the difference in length, but with the wider footbox there is a bit more room so I am not overly concerned. I really like the design of the Enigma. I think it is going to be a great addition!

OP
shootnrun

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I am 6'4 and weight around 195. I didn't initially go with the wide because I didn't think I would need it and wanted to save the weight. That being said, it is nice to have the extra wiggle room with this Enigma.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Congratulations on the win. I wanted to enter, I just wish you didn't have to have FB to enter these kinds of things. That's not going to happen, so I guess I'll just keep congratulating the winners.:)