Hoyt shims for a faktor 30

deglazed

FNG
I have a faktor 30 that has been a great bow since I bought it. I noticed that I have two green shims at the top that are identical. on the bottom cam I flipped the shims while tuning in the new strings to get a better cam alignment but this bow tunes best when the cams aren't exactly squared perfect and its always been that way. Im wondering if the shims on the factor are much different than the modern shim kits and why this bow originally would have two equal sizes at the top? I looked at a whole line of new rx8's at scheels, every single one shimmed totally different with no two bows being close across 10-12 different patterns and draw weights. just curious what others two cents may be, this has been my most consistent grouping bow Ive owned and I haven't had results with the ventum 30 or the lift 29.5 compare having a lot of time behind the string of both. Im wondering if I can use new shim kit to move that top cam over a bit more and get the arrow centered over the riser pad a bit as its a little closer to the riser than I like

OR Archer

WKR
It’s equal on top because you have yokes on that bow to use to tune the bow instead of shimming the cam like you would a binary system. Also there is no standard configuration of shims on the new Hoyt’s or even Mathew’s for that matter. It’s impossible to have one configuration be able to cover all the variables of draw length and weight plus the arrows etc. that’s why there are multiple sizes of shims so you can tailor the tune to you and your shooting. And the shims on the RX 8 are made for a 1/4” axle which your faktor doesn’t have.

OP
D

deglazed

FNG
It’s equal on top because you have yokes on that bow to use to tune the bow instead of shimming the cam like you would a binary system. Also there is no standard configuration of shims on the new Hoyt’s or even Mathew’s for that matter. It’s impossible to have one configuration be able to cover all the variables of draw length and weight plus the arrows etc. that’s why there are multiple sizes of shims so you can tailor the tune to you and your shooting. And the shims on the RX 8 are made for a 1/4” axle which your faktor doesn’t have.
perfect. thank you sir