Hoyt RX8 Test and Review Updated July 2024

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
Great review, thanks for putting in the time and effort for this. It’s a bummer about the mod screw shearing off-my VTM did this a few months ago as I came to full draw. The bow survived, but not a fun experience!
I’ve heard/read about other cases of these screws shearing, maybe a hardware issue? Hope it isn’t a bigger issue and they can get it resolved for 2025

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Great review, thanks for putting in the time and effort for this. It’s a bummer about the mod screw shearing off-my VTM did this a few months ago as I came to full draw. The bow survived, but not a fun experience!
I’ve heard/read about other cases of these screws shearing, maybe a hardware issue? Hope it isn’t a bigger issue and they can get it resolved for 2025
At RMSgear there was more than just my bow that had it happen and all those bows, including mine, were delivered within about the same time frame. I think there's a thread on here where it happened to an Alpha, but I would have to dig for it.

@KickinNDishin shoots that bow daily in the garage, plus at least once a week at the club, she genuinely has zero string/cable wear, and the screws have remained tight. On top of that, she is deadnuts down the center of the riser and the cams are centered as well. So, its a really good match for her.