Hoyt RX-7 vs RX-7 Ultra

I have 30.5” draw length what are the advantages/disadvantages of Ultra at 34” axle to axle over RX-7 30” axle to axle?

Bob

Zac

WKR
Less nock pinch, and peep will be closer to your face with longer one. Longer will always balance better as well.

OP
BighornBob
What sort of hunting do you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big game. Coues deer up to Elephant. Of course I’m not hunting elephant with 80#. My last elephant hunt was with 90-100# Hoyt Alpha Tec Unfortunately 10 days in Zimbabwe with no shot opportunity

Bob

SloppyJ

WKR
Can you go to a shop to shoot both? I didn't even shoot a normal Rx7. I shoot lefty and the only demo was a right handed. So I took a couple shots and dropped a deposit to order one. I liked it that much. This was when they first came out a couple years back. I enjoy it a lot more than my VXR and it's easier to shoot. The longer ATA and grip seem more forgiving to me.

The RX7U is the only bow out of the two that can accommodate a 30.5" draw. The RX7 tops out at 30". That said, I have a 31" draw and love my RX7U, super stable and easy drawing bow. A bit slow but it's hard to be 100% perfect.

CCooper

WKR
2 years ago I bought the RX7 ultra and eventually swapped it for the Standard. If my draw was as long as yours, I would still have the Ultra. It was the most forgiving bow I have ever shot, but very slow for me at 27" DL.