Hoyt RX-1 vs Matthews vertix vs Bowtech Sr6

rdurning

FNG
I am looking for a new bow my main two contenders are the rx1 (used) and the vertix.
Also In the mix is the SR6 and Helix. Im not wanting to spend the extra for a rx3, so I didn’t know how last year models carbon Hoyt compares with this years aluminum bows.

The vertix is a great shooting bow with no vibration or noise when you shoot it. Quietest bow I have shot.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Just finish shooting the Vertix, RX3 and prime CT5. The Vertix is a great shooting bow it’s noticeable heavier than the Hoyt but the quietest of the three. Hoyt seems faster and a little smoother draw. Prime has a rock solid back wall and holds the steadiest on target. Overall you can’t go wrong with any of them. If I was you I would try the aluminum Hoyt. It’s .4 lbs heavier than the carbon but I’m sure shoots just as well and will be even quieter. Hope this helps you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

rdurning

FNG
Just finish shooting the Vertix, RX3 and prime CT5. The Vertix is a great shooting bow it’s noticeable heavier than the Hoyt but the quietest of the three. Hoyt seems faster and a little smoother draw. Prime has a rock solid back wall and holds the steadiest on target. Overall you can’t go wrong with any of them. If I was you I would try the aluminum Hoyt. It’s .4 lbs heavier than the carbon but I’m sure shoots just as well and will be even quieter. Hope this helps you out.

Thank you. Yes I want to shoot and compare the Vertix, Hoyt Helix, and Bowtech sr6 and see which ones I like. I am not able to get my hands on a Rx1 right now

Thess87

WKR
I like the new Hoyt cam way better than last years. The helix and vertix are both great shooters and the vertix is deader in the hand but helix has a way smoother draw. I have the helix ultra and have shot bowtech for the ten years before this year so that shows what I thought about the sr6.

OP
R

rdurning

FNG
I like the new Hoyt cam way better than last years. The helix and vertix are both great shooters and the vertix is deader in the hand but helix has a way smoother draw. I have the helix ultra and have shot bowtech for the ten years before this year so that shows what I thought about the sr6.
Thank you. Do you like the new helix better than the rx-1? Trying to figure out if carbon is worth the hype

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite carbon bow is the PSE carbon air but the Mathews Vertix is lights out. IMO it's hands down the best bow out there right now. Like mentioned above the only knock is that it is slightly on the heavy side. Best of luck this season!

Thess87

WKR
I like the cam better for sure. I couldn’t convince myself to pay the extra but you can probably get a year old carbon for the same price as a new aluminum. So much of it is personal preference.

OP
R

rdurning

FNG
I like the cam better for sure. I couldn’t convince myself to pay the extra but you can probably get a year old carbon for the same price as a new aluminum. So much of it is personal preference.
Thanks. ya that's what I am deciding between now, is year old carbon bow or a new aluminum. I am going to shoot the helix and Sr6 today and see how I like them.

OP
R

rdurning

FNG
Shot Every bow at my pro shop yesterday for a couple hours. It came down to the Helix and Vertix for me. I picked the vertex, it is heavier which is why I think it feels more dead in hand. The hoyt maybe was a tad smoother but to me (a novice) I liked the way the Vertix felt. It was very quiet with no limb shock absorbers, I know that all bows are quiet enough to kill a deer. The PSE evoke was also very smooth and light I just felt a little more confident with the vertex. Hopefully I can harvest a few animals this year with it. Now time to pick the sight.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Shot Every bow at my pro shop yesterday for a couple hours. It came down to the Helix and Vertix for me. I picked the vertex, it is heavier which is why I think it feels more dead in hand. The hoyt maybe was a tad smoother but to me (a novice) I liked the way the Vertix felt. It was very quiet with no limb shock absorbers, I know that all bows are quiet enough to kill a deer. The PSE evoke was also very smooth and light I just felt a little more confident with the vertex. Hopefully I can harvest a few animals this year with it. Now time to pick the sight.

Congratulations. After my review of the Mathews, Hoyt and Prime I don’t think you can go wrong with probably any manufacturers flagship bow. Good luck this fall.

jha22msu

FNG
I bought the Vertix the draw cycle is good but not as nice as the helix I shot. I also had a friend that was dead set on a new hoyt I asked him to shoot the Mathews and hoyt and give me his opinion he bought the Mathews as well both are great