Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo...I'm in love!!!

The only thing I wish was different was longer ata on these turbos. Wish it was 35" compared to 33. I just like
Longer ata bows. I think they shoot better.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
3eef60dfc6780e62230e180b26b4b4a1.jpg

We need to start a club...

Sweet rick, how do you like that 10* QD? Feel like it makes a difference at all, plan on hunting with it?

How's the draw? And how does the bow let down?

Butter smooth draw, I feel like I could hold the bow at full draw for FOREVER, and letting down is smooth as hell over.

The only thing I wish was different was longer ata on these turbos. Wish it was 35" compared to 33. I just like
Longer ata bows. I think they shoot better.

I think that 33" is perfect to me, but obviously varies person to person.

If they came out with a 35" ATA turbo I would buy it tomorrow. I have a 30" draw so I think I would benefit from a longer ATA.

I think the draw on the turbo is awesome. My 78# turbo pulls smother then my 70# monster.

The back wall is also awesome. Super solid and it Almost feels like I have to push it to get it to let down.

Yea that's why I like the matrix. I like the specs. I only have a 27" draw length. But longer ata bows have better string angles in my opinion. Maybe hoyt will listen and make one. Or maybe I will have to find some turbo cams and put them on a matrix! Haha

If they came out with a 35" ATA turbo I would buy it tomorrow. I have a 30" draw so I think I would benefit from a longer ATA.

I think the draw on the turbo is awesome. My 78# turbo pulls smother then my 70# monster.

The back wall is also awesome. Super solid and it Almost feels like I have to push it to get it to let down.

MattB

WKR
I have not shot a 2015 turbo but I have to wonder if they are are as smooth as the 2014 cams after they squeezed 10 more FPS.

I also find it curious that they don't offer 80# limbs for the turbo this year...

Rick, I found the new cam to be just a touch "humpy" right before it drops into the valley, so IMO not quite as smooth as the '14 cams. Having said that, smooth = whatever a guy happens to be shooting at the time (more familiarity than anything).

On "why not" for the #80 turbos, my understanding is that they would have had to beef up the cams in order to get the sort of reliability that Hoyt prides itself in, so they elected not to go there.

Manosteel

WKR
How's the draw? And how does the bow let down?

The carbon ZT is a solid bow which balanced nicely in my hand. It was quite, pointed well and very solid feeling at full draw, plus it just looks sexy!At the shot it was totally dead in the hand. I fell in love almost instantly. I am coming from the Carbon Matrix with the RKT cam so I thought the turbo cam felt great. I mean you know you are pulling a speed bow but as others have said there is just enough valley at the end to let you know you've rolled it over and then you fall back into a solid anchor. You will not budge once you rolled over and I could hold it as long as I wanted.

I am totally with people when they say "I wish they made this bow in 35+" ATA. I have gorilla arms a wingspan tip to tip of 74.5” at only 5’10”. I shoot with a hand held release so string angle is important to me. I would be all over it a 35" Turbo.

OR Archer

WKR
Just placed my order today for a 2015 Carbon Spyder Turbo ZT. It's going to be a long wait haha

kodiakfly

WKR
I'd consider painting a bow like that if there wasn't so much chance for it to look like crap when I was done.

I've got a 80# nitrum 34 on the way. I'm considering ordering a matching 70# turbo. Either nitrum or carbon. My E35 works great for whitetail. But I need some extra speed for out west