Howa Superlite 308win Field Evaluation

TheGDog

WKR
View attachment 754289

On the left (1,2,5) are groupings from my Tikka .223. Shots next to (3),(4) can be ignored as I was just testing for pressure signs/velocity going up in powder charge from (2). (1) is 55gr V-Max w/ Varget (2) is 55gr V-Max with TAC, (5) is 75gr ELD-M with Varget.

On the right are 3 3-shot groupings from my 6.5 CM super-lite that I've attempted to 'improve' by fixing the inletting so it feeds, clearancing the barrel channel, and glass bedding. I've tried several different bullets and loads with this gun and nothing seems to get it to shoot, they all basically look like this load (100gr BT w/ Staball Match) which was a hail mary attempt to see if it would shoot lighter bullets better. I'm glad that some folks have had better luck with theirs.

If anyone wants mine, it's for sale.
Have ya tried reaching out to them re: getting it replaced? I'm sure with all the documented evidence you've I'm sure got, you can show them you did your due-diligence in trying to find a load that works with it for you, but to no avail. They can learn things when receiving ones back to them like this. IF they bother to try looking for the reasons why. AND they can come off as smelling like a Rose by showing how they were more than willing to work with you on replacement. That sorta thing.

matchu865

FNG
Have ya tried reaching out to them re: getting it replaced? I'm sure with all the documented evidence you've I'm sure got, you can show them you did your due-diligence in trying to find a load that works with it for you, but to no avail. They can learn things when receiving ones back to them like this. IF they bother to try looking for the reasons why. AND they can come off as smelling like a Rose by showing how they were more than willing to work with you on replacement. That sorta thing.
I got the original poor fitting stock replaced by Legacy with another poor fitting stock, then did the bedding/inletting myself. They'd probably tell me that I screwed it up or something. Unless they promise to rebarrel it for me I'd rather just sell the thing with the caveat that I couldn't get it to shoot. I don't think it's worth the $$$ to take it to a smith for a new barrel, which if I also added aluminum bottom metal would be ~$800-$1000 to have a functional rifle.

Just skimmed the latest issue of G&A, looks like this same rifle (is it?). This ad has been running for a while.

9D28DB5A-E8CD-46D1-8EFE-92B7515A5A90.jpeg

xsn10s

WKR
Well a very early morning, not enough coffee, purchase of one of Stocky's blem carbon fiber stocks caused me to get one of Brownell's Howa Superlite barreled actions. When I received the action the picatinny rail wasn't installed and there were no screws shipped with it. So I called Brownells and they sent me out some long screws to grind to fit. Being a bit worn out from life's responcibilites I decided to call up Howa to just buy some screws from them. A week latter I got the screws in the mail for free. So I'm pleased with the customer service. The bottom metal did flex when I torqued down the action screws to 35 in/lbs but it feeds just fine so we'll see how it shoots. With an old Leupold VariXIII 2.5-8x32 Mildot reticle it weighes 5lbs 10 ounces. I'll size down some 308 win brass to 7-08 and workup 162gr ELDM's for it.