Howa Mini for 223 and 6ARC...which stock/chassis?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
It is shorter than the tikka vg.
Is it possible to order one cut for shorter LOP for youth? I was going to do a howa mini in 6ARC for my son and thought this looked like a good option, but hard to find youth component stocks. MDT makes a youth Oryx chassis but it's pretty bulky and not really a "field" stock.

Im running the stockys VG stock on my 20" 6 arc. Very light and compact stock. Had to sand the barrel channel a good bit to get it to free float properly.
How much did you have to sand back? I need to do the same for a Stockys CF Hunter on a Howa SA with an IBI Med Hunter barrel. I'm worried I'll break through the material, it needs approximately 1/8th removed.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How much did you have to sand back? I need to do the same for a Stockys CF Hunter on a Howa SA with an IBI Med Hunter barrel. I'm worried I'll break through the material, it needs approximately 1/8th removed.
I opened up a VG Mini to float a Proof Sendero. 1/8 is nothing to worry about. The strength is in the carbon fiber shell.

Jbuck

FNG
I ordered a oryx youth and a Stockysstocks vg carbon during last black friday trying to find a good stock for my kids. I also shortened the factory poly stock. Out of those 3 the Stockysstocks is the boys favorite. I added a SRS Hunters rail and it seems like a good stock for the $400. I did have to open it up to get the barrel free floated, but sealed it back up with some laminating epoxy I had for boats.

20240101_100430.jpg