Howa 1500 6.5 PRC accuracy issues

tbraypup

FNG
Early on I had pressure signs exactly like that on mine (Hornady factory ammo as well). Even had one with heavy bolt lift. I attributed it to solvent in the chamber since I was doing break in at the time.

I've not had any issues since, though. Wondering if it was a Hornady issue?
So the chronograph testing i did on factory hornaday showed me they are running a tad hot. Now I am at 5000 foot of elevation here but I don't think that's high enough for almost 200 feet per second over listed velocity on average. My reloads were right about 2900 feet per second with 147 eldm and the bolt ran like butter. Recoil was much more enjoyable too. I tested both 147 eldm factory hornaday and 143 eldx. Both were hotter than listed and had signs on the brass.

bpitcher

FNG
So the chronograph testing i did on factory hornaday showed me they are running a tad hot. Now I am at 5000 foot of elevation here but I don't think that's high enough for almost 200 feet per second over listed velocity on average. My reloads were right about 2900 feet per second with 147 eldm and the bolt ran like butter. Recoil was much more enjoyable too. I tested both 147 eldm factory hornaday and 143 eldx. Both were hotter than listed and had signs on the brass.
I had 5 of the 147s left over and used them to get on paper today with a new scope.

I had some extractor and ejector marks on a couple of them like pictured before. 2938fps avg. 2959 max.

tbraypup

FNG
How did they group? My labradar showed 3028 average highest one was 3098 with the 147s. 15 rounds fired. So I talked to my buddy today with the matching rifle and ammo. He was using a different batch of ammo than the ones we split and they seemed just fine. I guess I just got lucky with a hot batch. My reloads harvested my deer Tuesday at 365 yards and the round went exactly where I placed it.

Updownlr

FNG
Early on I had pressure signs exactly like that on mine (Hornady factory ammo as well). Even had one with heavy bolt lift. I attributed it to solvent in the chamber since I was doing break in at the time.

I've not had any issues since, though. Wondering if it was a Hornady issue?
My 7prc did aswell, a couple dry patches later and no more ejector marks on factory brass.

bpitcher

FNG
How did they group? My labradar showed 3028 average highest one was 3098 with the 147s. 15 rounds fired. So I talked to my buddy today with the matching rifle and ammo. He was using a different batch of ammo than the ones we split and they seemed just fine. I guess I just got lucky with a hot batch. My reloads harvested my deer Tuesday at 365 yards and the round went exactly where I placed it.
Those grouped well.

I grabbed another box to foul my bore and check zero after cleaning. More ejector marks and one extremely heavy bolt lift and a drop in velocity. I have also noticed some faint marks on the lapua brass from the berger factory 156s running at 2841 fps avg. I did take a cow elk with it this weekend though.

Beginning to suspect something with the chamber. I called Howa on Monday and they are supposedly sending an RMA, though it has not shown up in my email yet.