How will this bear taste?

Hello all, there have been a few bears hanging around our area in the low farm country. They've been knocking over trash cans and pillaging yards.
Ive heard trash bears will taste like trash but I'm curious if anyone has experience or an opinion of how the meat the bear will taste or if it's worth harvesting one of these bears.
Thanks everyone

Taudisio

WKR
Hello all, there have been a few bears hanging around our area in the low farm country. They've been knocking over trash cans and pillaging yards.
Ive heard trash bears will taste like trash but I'm curious if anyone has experience or an opinion of how the meat the bear will taste or if it's worth harvesting one of these bears.
Thanks everyone
I just had a conversation with the butcher about bear meat. He said “Really avoid bears once they start getting into acorns.” He followed up with “The garbage bears smell like garbage but guys say they taste great, I won’t eat them.”
I have never eaten one that wasn’t on grass or blackberries so I can’t comment from personal experience.

Taudisio

WKR
He had a specific bear in mind that a guy shot on public land right behind the local landfill. The guy said it tasted great, butcher said it smelled like the dump. I think that’s more of a trash bear than the neighborhood bear you are talking about. 😂

Poser

WKR
I just had a conversation with the butcher about bear meat. He said “Really avoid bears once they start getting into acorns.” He followed up with “The garbage bears smell like garbage but guys say they taste great, I won’t eat them.”
I have never eaten one that wasn’t on grass or blackberries so I can’t comment from personal experience.
Most any bear killed in CO during or after Sept will have eaten hundreds of thousands of calories worth of acorns.

the trick with beer is frost, make sure its cold at that point taste would even matter am sure!! had a lot of practices

doepatrol

FNG
Man idk what butcher you are talking to but bears eating acorns are absolutely amazing. That's all we kill in the Appalachians and i have never had better meat. Maybe your butcher isn't much of a butcher lol. Meat care is critical as with any meat, if people cared for it properly there's zero reason a bear won't eat well-excluding those eating fish they have a fairly common reputation of some funk

Taudisio

WKR
Man idk what butcher you are talking to but bears eating acorns are absolutely amazing. That's all we kill in the Appalachians and i have never had better meat. Maybe your butcher isn't much of a butcher lol. Meat care is critical as with any meat, if people cared for it properly there's zero reason a bear won't eat well-excluding those eating fish they have a fairly common reputation of some funk
🤷🏻‍♂️ like I said, not my experience, his words. He cuts up a LOT of game and has a big family of hunters so they eat a lot of bear and deer. My spring bear he cut up has been the best bear I’ve ever eaten and the sole reason I want to shoot more. I would love to try an acorn bear for myself!

z987k

WKR
Acorns make pigs taste amazing. Idk why it'd do the opposite for bears.

Drenalin

.WKR
I've only ever eaten acorn bears, and I think they taste great. But I can see a world where that might not be the case if I had already developed a taste for berry bears.