How to video recommendation

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
My nephew is getting into reloading, lives nowhere near me to show him in person. He has new brass loading down, needs help on once fired process.

I'm not a youtube guy, any you recommend that he can reference?

TIA

Maki35

WKR
Not a youtuber.

But have you tried recording yourself (video) on your cellphone and sending the video to him via text message or email?

Or try facetiming him to walk him through the process in real-time.

eric1115

WKR
Johnny's Reloading Bench is a great YouTube channel. He's not very active anymore, but for a beginner reloader I would highly recommend his stuff.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
He's a young man on a budget. Trying to be efficient with his costs and spend on components.

I found a link to a digital copy of the Hornady manual when I was getting started a few years ago. The loading info is a bit outdated now but the intro is still worth a read, answered a lot of questions and served as a great reference.

I also watched Gunblue and Panhandle Precesion on YouTube. They’re both very good teachers but in my opinion they go too deep on the details for a beginner. Have him watch those videos for the knowledge but implement Form’s simpler process for reloading and he’ll be set.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Johnny's Reloading Bench is a great YouTube channel. He's not very active anymore, but for a beginner reloader I would highly recommend his stuff.

Forgot about this one, I watched all his stuff too, it’s very helpful and a little more simple/straightforward.

Sure. I would argue loading manuals are necessary for reloading. You can get data online for sure, but I reference my manuals on a constant basis.
Not remotely necessary. I learned a lot from reading the lyman manual when I started but there is nothing there that's not available online for free.

Forrest84

FNG
I liked the Panhandle Precision guy.
When I took the dive from shooting box ammo for PRS to hand loading I went through every reloading video I could find and couldn’t really put it together till I found him and it got me going along with Eric cortina. I was at the box canyon match last year and he was RO for a stage and I was like hey man I learned to reload from you it’s great to meet you in person and then I proceeded to completely bomb the stage lol.

Where does he live? Maybe someone one this site is close and could mentor him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk