How to prevent rocker panel chips?

I’ve heard that the line-x/Bed liner option is bad for snow country? Guy told me that salt water would work its way underneath and stay there, rusting it out quickly.

WCB

WKR
I’ve heard that the line-x/Bed liner option is bad for snow country? Guy told me that salt water would work its way underneath and stay there, rusting it out quickly.
I know several people with it done and no issues. Some trucks have had it on for 10 yrs or so.

Flares, flaps
Factory flares and flaps are installed and I try not to drive fast on our gravel road. I also try to remember to lift it to "normal" or OR1 when I'm on gravel, for additional ground clearance.

Some chips are probably just the "cost of doing business" on gravel roads, but I apprecaite the suggestions you guys have provided.

The dura flap extended offer better coverage then those short factory flares.

You could talk to a vynal shop. But id be worried anything would just trap salt.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I have a 4Runner but have the issue with rocks and debris spraying back onto the body and causing chips. I went with mud flaps from Rok Bloks and that has really made a big difference. I got the extra coverage ones, they extend out a little more than OEM. They have really helped save my paint, and they also really help when I’m towing my trailer on dirt roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
Here’s a pic, they stick out just enough over OEMs to keep a large portion of the rock and debris from being thrown up onto the body

34f576ad7ad6df15fa16accf87a2584f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk