How smart are sheep?

S-3 ranch

WKR
I’m of mixed opinion, the aoudad have very little pressure on them where I am, yet I have spooked them from 300-400 yards away just trying to get a peek at them. Then had multiple desert bighorn just stand and watch me and then just slowly move on
the rams we were hunting in alaska where insanely spooky, wind and noise would have them on edge
I assume it’s pressure

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
it will depend on hunting pressure and also humane presence. i do not know if it is smart or adaptation but they survived ...

in kluane park and reserve we can approach them very close but try that in any open hunting area that will be harder and that is what making the hunt of sheep so interesting.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
I’m of mixed opinion, the aoudad have very little pressure on them where I am, yet I have spooked them from 300-400 yards away just trying to get a peek at them. Then had multiple desert bighorn just stand and watch me and then just slowly move on
the rams we were hunting in alaska where insanely spooky, wind and noise would have them on edge
I assume it’s pressure
maybe your adouads got some predators that you more aware than me thus the spooky side.