How much snow do you have?

Last winters snow is gone but I don't trust there might be some new snow between now and July. Given that, I still have to light a fire in the stove each night to watch tv. The rain won't stop until the fourth of july. Just a nice steady 40-50 until then.

Roads were all clear coming back today, but all the mountains look like they have new snow on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
AK Troutbum
Yeah, watching the snow line creep down the mountain outside our living room window makes it feel more like September than June. I sure hope we don’t have another summer like ‘08.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you asked just three to four weeks ago, I would have said plenty. Near or above normal for most of the state; in just two to two and half weeks it was almost all gone.

There is a Snotel site (Badger Pass) I watch carefully prior to the Bob Marshall Open- typically at the time of the event (Memorial Day weekend) it ranges from 3-5', when I looked just a couple of days before the event- 0" :eek:

In my 45 years of living here, this is the fastest I've seen the snow go. Even in low snow years, I can't recall being this short on snow in the first couple of days of June.

So far late May (and appears into early June by the forecast) we've had decent moisture (rain), we need that to keep up as it's the only thing is going to save us from a really bad fire season.

SmEeOal.png

Yeah, watching the snow line creep down the mountain outside our living room window makes it feel more like September than June. I sure hope we don’t have another summer like ‘08.

I’m curious as to how this cooler weather will effect lambs, I went up hiking last weekend and the good feed seemed to be pretty low, which would put them at a higher risk of predation, I would think

15 days of 50 degrees this month. A fire in the stove each night. Rain every day.

We have a cold front coming in and snow is predicted.

I know some of you are cooking in unbearable heat. I feel for you. I'm still wearing the same coat I was in in January. Spring is nearly gone and I'm still waiting for a warm day.

I went looking for a ridem lawn mower for the wife yeaterday. Not one had a snow blade on the front.