How much recoil does a suppressor cut?

My 30 cal suppressor should be here any day. I have never shot above a 223. What recoil effect will it have on a 300 Mag, 30-06 etc

TomAZ

Lil-Rokslider
Recoil varies so widely, it would be impossible to answer this. Gun weight, bullet weight, velocity, which silencer, etc. in my experience, silencers cut recoil substantially (25% or more if I had to guess and put a number on it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
A suppressor draws out the recoil pulse longer. Strange to explain but immediately noticeable when shooting. I don’t think they reduce as much as some seem to think but they take away the noise and concussion, which imo causes more of a flinch than the actual recoil for alot of people.

A suppressor draws out the recoil pulse longer. Strange to explain but immediately noticeable when shooting. I don’t think they reduce as much as some seem to think but they take away the noise and concussion, which imo causes more of a flinch than the actual recoil for alot of people.
Spot on. I refer to it as more of a shove than a sharp kick.

lintond

WKR
Here is my opinion based on shooting my 28 Nosler ridgeline with either a side port brake or suppressor. I enjoy shooting it more with the suppressor. The lack of noise concussion in my face is what makes it better for me. Recoil is probably similar but that lack of concussion keeps me in the gun and less flinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure...what I can say is with my can I can see impact thru the scope with my .308 FC I cannot without it...I am not smart enough to know if that's recoil reduced or longer recoil pulse, folks smarter than me can argue that. I do like watching critters drop at the shot followed by the audible thud of the bullet hitting target.

People make way too much out of recoil. Just ignore it. Focus on your fundamentals. I never feel recoil when taking game and rarely on the range.

To answer the question, I have numerous suppressors, and while there are many variables, they do cut recoil. The most pure examples I can think of is running my SilencerCo Harvester 300 on my Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in 300 Win Mag. Consensus from everyone who has fired it is that recoil is reduced to lower than .308 in levels. YMMV.

I agree with the above. I’ve got 14 cans and shoot everything suppressed and the recoil reduction is substantial. I can often spot my shots and the sound reduction is worth every penny

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
I run the SiCo Omega 30 with a break. Best of both worlds. Makes my 300 Wby feel like an un-breaked 243. I also feel that the noise reduction eliminates a lot of the perceived recoil.

I have the shorter Banish Backcountry and it definitely takes the edge off the report and blast at the shot. It reduces recoil but not like a muzzle brake. With good form, I can spot shots with a heavier 6.5 CM. After owning a can, everytime I throw a brake on a rifle, I take it off and screw on the can.

I just picked up and tried out my Magnus suppressor. It definitely is a step up in sound and recoil reduction from the Dominus and Ultra 7!
Use the Dominus and Ultra 7 on 7 SAUM, 6.5 SAUM/PRC, creeds on down.
The Magnus went on the 300 WM and it was noticeable.
I did some damage to my hearing when shooting a braked rifle a few times at a buck that popped up out of nowhere, and I didn't put the plugs in. Never will shoot unsuppressed again...

Devildogg

FNG
I have an old Dakota silence 30 cal can. I loaded up some 220 or 225 hornadys I can’t remember which but man this things we’re almost unbearable to shoot out of my 300 win mag. I put my suppressor on it and it’s absolutely night and day. Some guys say it feels like a unbreaked or unsupressed 243 but I think it’s even less than that. I don’t like shooting my rifles anymore without a suppressor.

Reactions: Duh

Lawnboi

WKR
I just picked up and tried out my Magnus suppressor. It definitely is a step up in sound and recoil reduction from the Dominus and Ultra 7!
Use the Dominus and Ultra 7 on 7 SAUM, 6.5 SAUM/PRC, creeds on down.
The Magnus went on the 300 WM and it was noticeable.
I did some damage to my hearing when shooting a braked rifle a few times at a buck that popped up out of nowhere, and I didn't put the plugs in. Never will shoot unsuppressed again...
Since this thread was started Tbac put out some recoil numbers that are interesting in regards a to suppressor recoil reduction.

I notice a decent difference going from ultra 7 to Magnus as well.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have an old Dakota silence 30 cal can. I loaded up some 220 or 225 hornadys I can’t remember which but man this things we’re almost unbearable to shoot out of my 300 win mag. I put my suppressor on it and it’s absolutely night and day. Some guys say it feels like a unbreaked or unsupressed 243 but I think it’s even less than that. I don’t like shooting my rifles anymore without a suppressor.
Shooting without a suppressor is stupid, I’ll never do it again.