How much hunting does your wife let you get by with?

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
How much? As much as i want. Always ask her and she tells me to go more often. I do thing for her and with her that she enjoys so it's just supporting each other.

Im not married, no kids, but I do have a long time significant other. I hunt whenever I want as much as I want, I take my vacation from work to hunt in November. It’s never a problem with her.

bsoliday

FNG
My bride actually asks me when the next time I'm going hunting. She enjoys me gone and hosting the granddaughters.

I plan my work vacation a year in advance. I show her my approved schedule and say here is family vacation, here is hunting vacation and here is vacation for no reason, make plans. Works out for me. Sure she can get alittle pissy sept-november, but when she wants a weekend or what ever i say yave at it and i stay home to man the fort.

It still cracks me up when I read the title of this thread.
It honestly makes me sad for some guys. I can't believe anyone would live a life, where they need to be "let go hunting." Sad when one side of a relationship has no hobbies except hanging out with the other. I encourage mine to go on girl trips, spa days, whatever. Get some time away from the kids when she can. When hunting season comes around, she " lets me go" whenever I want to. I would say average time away from home is 4 weeks, some years more, some years less.

Andrew.c

FNG
I have a wife that hunts with me. The hardest part about it is trying to find a babysitter for the kids 😂

JohnB

WKR
I don't hassle my wife when she leaves on her bike, ski or hockey trips and she doesn't hassle me on my bike, ski or hunting trips. Easy as that. One person picks up the slack for the other and the the roles reverse.

Austin915

FNG
Well I was working a Thursday-Sunday shift so I got all day Monday-Wednesday to hunt. Downside was working 4-10s and getting home at 5 so couldn’t hunt any evening I worked. This year I went Monday-Friday and get home at 3 so I’m thinking I’ll be doing a lot of evening hunting. She’s usually pretty laxed on me doing my own thing because she usually has something to do herself. That’s just how it’s been our entire marriage and worked well so far

ManBun

FNG
My wife doesn’t limit the amount of hunting time. My limiting factor is work as I get 5 weeks off a year and I take 3 weeks for hunting. I could do more if I wanted but I like my 2 weeks of Hawaii time.

I’m fortunate when it comes to that. My wife likes to hunt as much as I do so I don’t have that problem.

tntrker

WKR
My wife has ALWAYS told me that "women invinted hunting seasons so we can go shop while you're away." She has NEVER said anything except maybe a time limit on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.....

I married my wife because she would hunt with me. As the kids grew up they hunted with us. It just meant more horses.

My season is Sept through January and includes rifle season and late goose season. I don't count the 4-6 weekends of cutting trails and reconning new ground. Let alone the days of horse work. When I was working full time, every vacation day was dedicated to rifle season.

When the tags were filled, I continued hunting elk without a gun to understand travel patterns and responses to weather. When I get weathered out I revert to goose season until the end of season.

This sept. will be 46 years.

Hoyt Ag

FNG
My girlfriend of many years doesnt care how much I hunt anymore. She knows to not plan anything in May, September or 4th rifle. She goes with me to scout, helps with hunts like logisitics/transport meat and is a big supporter in me going after my dreams of chasing big game. I guess the only caveat in our relationship is that I make sure to have a few weeks of PTO dedicated to us travelling on nonhunting trips.

My wife doesn't "let" me do anything. We sit down like adults and discuss plans for that time of year and rarely is there something that would interfere with my hunting. If anything work emergencies and my kids sports, I would rather be there for my kids than hunting 100% of the time though.

TheHammer

WKR
I do whatever I want. I just give her a heads up or explain to her as it’s happening. Freezer and fridge is full. Bills are always paid. All creature comforts are met. Kids have excessive everything. We go on multiple weekend getaways and adventures.

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
I do stuff for my wife all year long and make sure she gets plenty of time away from the kids. She homeschools both of our children and that is a job all by itself. She deserves the time away for everything she does while I’m slaving for a Uncle Sam. That being said, when hunting season comes around I go when I want. There is never a time limit but I do make sure that I am home at a reasonable time and limit my all day sits to a handful during the prime times. When I want to travel and hunt, I communicate that months in advance (before I enter into the draw or buy a tag). My wife and I also communicate our expectations like adults. She knew who she was marrying and I never promised I’d hunt less because we got married. I will sacrifice time during season if it something that is clearly important to her and our kids.