How many of you guys are just sitting your hunt?

I have done elk hunts a few times, only saw some the last time I went (Watched a hunter across the valley stare the opposite way of them for an hour. If he only knew to turn around and hike through a small crop of trees!) But I feel like most of my hunts are just long hikes holding a bow. Not complaining, but I think my restlessness plays against me sometimes. I always hear about these guys chasing a herd or a bugal, but how many of you guys just find a nice field with some sign and sit out the days there?

magtech

WKR
Try hiking to benches that look like they hold elk midday. Get above them 100-200 yards and randomly cow/calf call for 20-45 minutes. Then get up and go to another ones. You get breaks, you get hiking, and sometimes youre in the right spot and you get stupid elk (my favorite).

I mean it worked for me this year.

Weldor

WKR
Waterholes. Guys get bored by early morning and start moving around and push the critters . Patience is a great tool.

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
I dont do much long sitting although I tried to sit a wallow for a couple days that was real active this year that did not go well. I have found that I find a lot more elk by sitting and listening periodically. This time of year they make some noise pretty regularly during the mid day but lots of times it is real quiet and I would never hear them when I was moving. Now that I am sitting quiet in areas I think they might be I hear light noises. Now getting them in for a shot is a whole other problem.