How is this concept so hard to grasp? Or am I dead wrong? Lol

Wyo_hntr

WKR
The issue is you're dealing with people that have been brainwashed with institutional inbreeding. You are wasting your time at lrh.com.....the boomer stronghold.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
The issue is you're dealing with people that have been brainwashed with institutional inbreeding. You are wasting your time at lrh.com.....the boomer stronghold.
Hahaha I genuinely don’t feel that way. I met my gunsmith on there, and he a stand up dude and does great work and is very knowledgeable. There are a few great guys on there for sure, and I enjoy there inputs. But there is a much larger percentage that are very dense.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would not want to get shot in the torso with my hunting arrow. Hard pass
Shit me neither lol. But if I had to choose between my arrow, or a 108 ELDM at 3000 fps, I’m picking the arrow, if I want even a 1% chance at survival haha.

JakeM51

FNG
Hahaha I genuinely don’t feel that way. I met my gunsmith on there, and he a stand up dude and does great work and is very knowledgeable. There are a few great guys on there for sure, and I enjoy there inputs. But there is a much larger percentage that are very dense.
It's really sad what happened over there, they banned a lot of the people that were contributing the most.

Arithson

FNG
One response from someone on there that I do respect a lot, who has killed a lot of animals, particularly caught my attention and made sense though. He made a bad shot on a buck and hit it in the opposing front leg artery with an arrow, and it bled out extremely fast, likely because it was a cut. And seen multiple deer shot in a similar spot with a rifle that destroyed the leg, and the deer didn’t bleed out in any sort of fashion similar to the broadhead hit buck. That definitely has some validity to at least acknowledge the diffe
One response from someone on there that I do respect a lot, who has killed a lot of animals, particularly caught my attention and made sense though. He made a bad shot on a buck and hit it in the opposing front leg artery with an arrow, and it bled out extremely fast, likely because it was a cut. And seen multiple deer shot in a similar spot with a rifle that destroyed the leg, and the deer didn’t bleed out in any sort of fashion similar to the broadhead hit buck. That definitely has some validity to at least acknowledge the differences.

One response from someone on there that I do respect a lot, who has killed a lot of animals, particularly caught my attention and made sense though. He made a bad shot on a buck and hit it in the opposing front leg artery with an arrow, and it bled out extremely fast, likely because it was a cut. And seen multiple deer shot in a similar spot with a rifle that destroyed the leg, and the deer didn’t bleed out in any sort of fashion similar to the broadhead hit buck. That definitely has some validity to at least acknowledge the differences.
I seen the same thing happen to an antelope. Guy I was guiding hit the off side leg high right above and behind the knee. Cut the artery and he was dead within 10 yards, quickest archery kill shot I’ve witnessed. Had it been done with a rifle we’d have a 3 legged goat but with a broadhead we had a dead one. However, anywhere else or any other time I choose a 108 to kill with lol.

Rich M

WKR
First step is to realize that you don't need to care what someone thinks.

Archery folks will say anything to try and satisfy their quest for declaring it as being the best way to hunt. Some of those guys are really good but most are not. The bulk of the archery hunters will loose multiple animals for every one they find. Just how it goes.

If broadheads were superior to bullets, we'd got war with bows. They stopped doing that a couple centuries back.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
I seen the same thing happen to an antelope. Guy I was guiding hit the off side leg high right above and behind the knee. Cut the artery and he was dead within 10 yards, quickest archery kill shot I’ve witnessed. Had it been done with a rifle we’d have a 3 legged goat but with a broadhead we had a dead one. However, anywhere else or any other time I choose a 108 to kill with lol.
Yes exactly. I believe my response was something like, that’s a very cool and realistic data set, and actually does prove the differences. But I’m talking about when they are put into the lungs.

But he had a great point. There is a difference in that instance.

I don’t believe animals bleed to death from lung shots initially. They lack oxygen, then pass out, and then potentially bleed out based on the wound, or just die from continuous lack of oxygen. So in that series, the more damage the better. So even if an arrow does cause potentially more actual leakage of blood, that wouldn’t come into affect until after the animal passed out from lung damage.

Obviously I’m not 100% sure. Just thinking out loud and thinking about animals I’ve killed and seen killed.

The real question here is would you rather get shot from a broad head in the stomach at 20 yards or a rifle at 150 yards? 🤷🤷🤷

I think I'd take the broadhead anyday.
The thought of someone pointing an arrow at me freaks me out more than a rifle. IDK why. No reference to terminal performance just freaks me out.