how do you store a sleeping bag??

Techbrute

FNG
Just tried. (For fun). Can't find it. They seem happy to sell the stuff sack tho.

Can you provide a link for the free storage sack?

Of course they sell it. Are you expecting them to give their products away for free? The Chinese made stuff probably includes a stuff sack, storage sack, inflatable pillow, and compact car. If you want to keep your money in the US, you can't expect $6/day sweatshop labor prices. Sorry to disappoint.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I feel that they all should come with a storage bag.

With that said, I have a few different bags/ quilts and only some of them came with a storage bag. As I said before though I use big plastic totes in the garage anyway so it doesn't make a huge difference to me.

boom

WKR
Of course they sell it. Are you expecting them to give their products away for free? The Chinese made stuff probably includes a stuff sack, storage sack, inflatable pillow, and compact car. If you want to keep your money in the US, you can't expect $6/day sweatshop labor prices. Sorry to disappoint.

you blanket statement much, quickdraw?

i happen to own a USA made sleeping bag that INCLUDED both a stuff sack AND a badass heavy cotton storage sack. i'm also intelligent enough (probably barely) to know that the two extra items are included in my purchase was built into the price..so i dont think they were "free".

Bughalli

WKR
Better to keep it out of the stuff sac so the feathers maintain loft. Leave it in a stuff sack and it will lose half it's warmth rating in 2-3 years. I made that mistake once. Now it's a summer bag.

I store mine in the garage, keep them in a canvas hanging garment bag. This way it's off the ground, fully enclosed with a zipper, allows some air flow to avoid mold and provides room to protect the feathers. No bugs, mice, etc. Works great. I've stored 4 sleeping bags this way for the past 6-7 Yeats with no issues. My expensive O degree bag is over 10 years old and still going strong. My garment bag looks similar to the one below, but all canvas and no plastic on the front. They come in different lengths and widths. If you buy one, make sure it's fully contained. Some don't have bottoms.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Household...nization-Hanging-Wardrobe-in-Natural/15387209

marc

Lil-Rokslider
I hang mine as well. hanger in the top and hook the loop on the foot of the bag over the hook on the hanger to keep it all off the floor.