How do I get jet boil fuel into Nondalton, AK?

Kyle Avey

WKR
my family and I are flying into the bush out of Nondalton this coming September. The store in Nondalton doesn’t sell fuel canisters and we can’t fly it with us on our air taxi from anchorage. Anyone have experience getting jetboil fuel into Nondalton?

Thanks!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If you’re moose hunting, you likely aren’t backpacking.

You can fly with green Coleman propane canisters. I believe there are adapters to run other stoves on those but you can also get a Coleman stove that burns that propane for cheap. I got one a few years for flying with and I actually use it quite a bit on moose hunts.

AKDoc

WKR
...TGI Freight.
Right on...I've also used TGI many times over the past years for preparing isobutane fuel for shipment. You do need to make sure that each fuel canister has a DOT stamp on the bottom...in the past not all brand names did...MSR was always DOT stamped.

TGI follows hazmat regulations and boxes it up accordingly. I would then take the sealed and labeled box over to the air freight carrier that I use, make sure they are aware, and check it in with the gear that I'm shipping for my float or hunt. Never a problem.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"