How bad do you think its going to get?

Luked

WKR
With all of the stuff going on around the country right now with the Hurricane, The Longshoreman's Strike, Election, Iran/Israel issues.
How bad do you think things are going to get.
Wife is starting to worry about some of it. Even just daily items that we use every day.

I'm an outdoors type person so I'm not as concerned about food. But everything else could get pretty slim pickings.
I'm thinking back to the stupid Covid times when you couldn't buy toilet paper.

Weldor

WKR
Glad I don't live in a city or urban area. Not worried, Just don't care for that living on top of each other. But if Sh-T ever hits the fan, good luck if your in that mess. Unfortunatley just look at what happens during hurricanes tornadoes etc. Looting and crime are usually rampant within hours. It a bummer America has come to that for sure. I do get a kick out of watching crooks carrying hugh TV's when they don't have a house to take it to.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
With all of the stuff going on around the country right now with the Hurricane, The Longshoreman's Strike, Election, Iran/Israel issues.
Wife is starting to worry about some of it. Even just daily items that we use every day.

I'm an outdoors type person so I'm not as concerned about food. But everything else could get pretty slim pickings.
The world cycles through periods of stupidity....I think it will get a little worse before it gets better....

I’m not one to buy into the media and what we’re being fed but things are honestly really bad right now. Inflation, housing, control over the news, china buying real estate and owning American infrastructure, the 22 countries trying to make the yen the world currency, normalizing transgenderism to children in school, the mess that our election process is, people losing the ability to critically think and fall in line to idiocracy like what happened during the pandemic. I don’t get pessimistic about it or proclaim the sky is falling, but I refuse to be blind to what’s going on out there. America is in a bad way right now and Trump or Harris aren’t going to fix it.

bnsafe

WKR
alternative? Vote for whoever you want, make sure you are involved in or at least know about your local gov and what's going on there. Don't just hide your opinions or put your head in the sand, but be able to voice them in a intelligent thoughtful loving way. Allow for disagreement without making enemies, demand the gov does not sway from the constitution especially the bill of rights, make sure you stand for free speech rather you agree with the speech or not. Help out fellow citizens when possible. Learn the issues, don't just listen to main stream media or one source of news. Above all, be a decent human. Demand your rights a a free man, but do not get violent.

*zap*

WKR
Personally, I think the bubble is gonna burst sooner or later...you have 1/2 the country woke and 1/2 the country unwoke...really maybe 60-40% or so and that alone is a conflict brewing. I have traveled via vehicle thru the kansas bordering states at least once a month this year. Usually take state highways and take my time...the difference in people between urban and rural areas is glaring..

stay healthy & fit and constantly improve your skills....

I am looking to move to a more conservative/rural area by end of 25...

Get prepared at home with water/food for at least 3 months and have the go bags packed and ready with at least 10 days of what you will need. This year there have been a few incidents where folks have had to run for it because of natural/manmade disasters in this country....and anyone can face a downturn economically so that stuff is good to have around anyway....

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
While I agree with the “sky is always falling” crowd, unplug and tune out. I do know at some point our nation will collapse because history repeats itself. Is it in our lifetime? Sure seems like it. Should probably learn Chinese. That’s the doozy…

Honestly comparing it to Covid is a solid take, if you didn’t learn how fragile things are from Covid then you must be fairly dim-witted. Just being aware that tragedy or natural disaster could happen puts you ahead of most people.

NMJM

FNG
Look at everything this country has been through and become stronger. civil war, world wars, dust bowl, great depression, recessions, oil crisis, riots. We will be just fine.