Hound hunting coon..

PorterNY

Lil-Rokslider
Upstate NY near Canada…We run 3 black and tan coonhounds and have 4 kids that like to shoot the coon out…. We don’t normally take a lot of pics at night , but we will see what we can do to get some photos up.

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider
Waiting for pictures.My kids loved running to see who could get to the tree first.

I had about a 85 pound Black and Tan and his big bawl mouth on a track was an awesome sound in the woods. He wasn’t much for treeing. He went down the road.

My old Clover bred walker female I got at 8 weeks was a pretty good dog, treeing the time when she was about 8-9 months old. First Coon dog I had at about 29 years old and she was a ringer. Lay-ups, strike from the truck bed, pretty locate bawl and stay put tree dog.

She got semi-silent as she got older. I’d holler out if I hadn’t heard her for a while and she’d answer back. We sure miss Stormy.

wyosteve

WKR
Did it many years ago when coon hides were running about $25 to $30. Usually ended up with around 200 a season.

Preston

Lil-Rokslider
I got a young Leopard Hound I’ve been wanting to hunt, but work has been getting in the way. It’s the only type of hunting I like going with a group, it just makes it more fun.

Attachments

• 3B71E8F5-D0CC-4829-B4D1-0CC844397C11.jpeg
    3B71E8F5-D0CC-4829-B4D1-0CC844397C11.jpeg
    607.8 KB · Views: 25
My dad had an incredible walker dog back in the late 70s-early 80s that was awesome to hunt behind. He bought me a little redbone pup when I was 10, so I could claim some of the coons for myself and make a little money. When Zeke (the walker) died, dad quit coon hunting and gave Roscoe (the redbone) to one of the guys in our coon hunting club. Had a lot of fun at night running those hounds.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk