Hot weather pant recommendations

I shopped around for a good hot weather pant. Here are my unofficial rankings:

1) tiburon
2) ascent
3) parka Zion
4) corrugate

I have bigger thighs and have to size the tiburons up a bit. I like the ascents but the hip zips on the kuiu are the bees knees.

I’m out growing my kuiu tiburons and thought I’d see what else is comparable before going up a size. Doesn’t have to be a hunting brand, only must is being available in a solid color.
The tiburon is the best hot weather pant I’ve found, and haven’t found a close second.

I have some UA pants that are a golfing pant that I got at the outlet store, and they are almost identical to tiburon, they are the breathable air dot fabric but I bought them because they were cheap, and I dyed them green myself, still not as good because no vents, but pretty good in hot weather.

I like the ascent, wear them a lot, but again, no vents and material isn’t as breathable. The new light stone glacier pant is interesting, but I will just get another pair of tiburon, because I seriously doubt they will be “better”

Anything without vents won’t be as good, and it will be hard to find a more breathable material. And any comparable hiking pants I have bought are louder material than tiburon

I’m not a big kuiu fan, but they have a few items that are best in class, and I’ll keep buying that stuff from them until someone builds something better, tiburon in hot weather are one of those things

Last edited:

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
Mountain hardwear basin trek 9.6 ounces for size 32/32 very good in hot weather snd when hiking. I sometime wear them running. Only have 5 % spandex so which is nice.

If you want super light weight and don't care about it being tough, try the 5.11 tac lights.

Eddie bauer regular guide pros. They don't have side vents but are pretty light. Can be had for $4X.00 when they have sales.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
These - I wear mine moose hunting in Alaska, pheasant hunting in S Dakota, elk hunting in Idaho, and coyote hunting in Nevada. Best pant I have ever owned.

Not sure about the temps you mean by hot weather but I have been trying to find the best hot weather pants as well. A zone deer in northern California specifically. Triple digits regularly, even though I am not actively hunting during these hottest parts of the day I might be moving or enduring the heat, and it's best to have clothing that will help keep me cool.

Pants I have tried.

Kuiu Attack: Obviously too warm, side zips are amazing though. Like glue for burrs.
Kuiu Tiburons: Nicest pants I have found so far if they didn't also attract burrs. I am honestly surprised they do considering the feel of the fabric.
Kuhl Konfidant Air: Favorite so far. Burr-resistant material. Lightweight. All pockets are made of mesh acting like "vents". If they had side zips they would be perfect.
I have a pair of the new SG pants on the way, we'll see how they stack up.

An interesting resource to look at would be Deputy Seans guide to hot weather clothing on reddit. Here's a link to his imgur album specifically about pants: Not all of the non-hunting brands of pants come in neutral colors unfortunately but check some of those out.

Pdzoller

WKR
I got some REI pants that zip to shorts. Super lightweight and comfortable. A little baggy but I like that in summer. I find them at Goodwill pretty consistently.

sacklunch

WKR
SG DH lite...

Although nothing is going to be as good in hot environments as the tiburon, Kuiu nailed that one. DH lites are good into the 90s with the full length zips and are more durable/cooler to me than my ascents.

jd1006

WKR
Outdoor Research Ferrosi has been great. Cheap too. Not very durable, though. I like the Kuiu Kutana’s if going to be anywhere other than a trail in the heat.

I’m looking at buying a pair of the Sitka Ascent pants for September bow hunting in middle Georgia. I’ve read they fit like skinny jeans. Is that true?

I’m looking at buying a pair of the Sitka Ascent pants for September bow hunting in middle Georgia. I’ve read they fit like skinny jeans. Is that true?
I’m fat, I love them. They fit like regular cut jeans, not relaxed fit though. Tight enough to wear under my waders but not restrictive in the least.

I’m fat, I love them. They fit like regular cut jeans, not relaxed fit though. Tight enough to wear under my waders but not restrictive in the least.
That’s good to hear! I don’t mind right but I’m 5’4” at 173 lbs with a 32” waist. I’ve got tree trunks for legs which helps when hunting or hiking all day! Except when I try to fit into a tight fitting set of pants.