Hot weather pant recommendations

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m out growing my kuiu tiburons and thought I’d see what else is comparable before going up a size. Doesn’t have to be a hunting brand, only must is being available in a solid color.

BBob

WKR
I have a couple Katana’s but like the Tiburon’s looser fit better in the field. Tiburon’s are slightly looser with Katana’s tighter. Katana’s have a bit tougher fabric and lots of people like them over the Tiburon’s. Tiburon are cooler in the heat.

CMF

WKR
I saw the title and came to say Tiburon! If someone has tried tiburons and says there's one cooler, I'd have to give it a try.

Eddie bauer regular guide pros. They don't have side vents but are pretty light. Can be had for $4X.00 when they have sales.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I have the Sitka ascent pant and really like it. KUHL also makes some good pants as well, I’ve got a couple pairs and like wearing them from hiking to everyday use.

Kostrize

WKR
Another vote for the Ascents. For me they’re the most comfortable of the bunch with the best sizing

I’ve used Tiburons and Kutanas quite a bit, and while nice, the fit isn’t as good and the material not as comfortable. The Tiburons don’t feel as breathable to me while active as other materials. Lots of guys complain about the Tiburon shirt not being breathable and having a layer of sweat under the fabric, well the pant is the same material and I get the same effect personally.

SH DH Lite is also a good HW option

I wear wrangler atg’s for everyday wear. Very affordable, lightweight, sturdy fabric. Wear them on early season hunts as well. Add a pair of merino bottoms when it gets really cold. For hunting I alternate with my Kuiu.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Tiburon is still the best pant out there for hot weather. If you start talking about durability and comfort of material, I’d go kutana, but I’m always amazed at how cool the tiburons are.
I’d pick either over the ascents because of vents.

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
I am 5'9" 173 lbs and wear a 33" waist x 30" inseam. Kuiu pants are nice, but they don't come in my size. 32's are like tights and 34's are way too big. Then there is the problem with inseam length. The shortest the come in is 32", and I think they are longer than 32", actually. This is based on the 2 pairs of attack pants I bought to try, one in 32" waist and one in 34".

At least Sitka makes 33" waist. They still don't give a shit about short people, though. Their 32 inseams are pretty long, too. You can't really cut them off at the bottom because of the articulated knee or knee pad or reinforced area. You end with your knee up at the top of the articulated knee area or the reinforced area.

Come on Sitka. Give us short guys some pants that work.