Hot Shot Vapor Release?

RedBeard22

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience with this release or the company? They seem nice, but they're suspiciously cheaper than other releases.

its a popular entry level thumb button. lots of good reviews on amazon. i had one and it was decent but thumb buttons arent for me so i sold it. With releases they are so subjective I suggest picking one up used on ebay or here or archery talk classifieds and that way if you don;t like it you can sell it and get most of your $ back. if you do like it buy it again new and keep the first one as a backup.

OP
RedBeard22

RedBeard22

Lil-Rokslider
its a popular entry level thumb button. lots of good reviews on amazon. i had one and it was decent but thumb buttons arent for me so i sold it. With releases they are so subjective I suggest picking one up used on ebay or here or archery talk classifieds and that way if you don;t like it you can sell it and get most of your $ back. if you do like it buy it again new and keep the first one as a backup.

My brother has one and it's helped me determine I prefer handheld thumb releases over strapped hinge triggers, but I'm brand new to bows and have no idea what I good quality thumb release feels like.

Too much travel in the trigger for me to consider it a solid release.

For a bit more money, the B3 Exit Pro is a great thumb button. If money is no object, jump on B3’s website and shop around. Carter also makes amazing releases, and you can find them for sale all the time on AT.

So much play in the trigger. You'll notice the difference in Stan, Carter, Tru Ball with how crisp and defined the machining is.