Horseback outfitter recommendation

snvts82

FNG
Anyone have a recommendation for an elk outfitter that hunts off horseback? Looking for a well run operation with decent success numbers. Open to outfits that offer landowner vouchers as well. Most likely Co, since we don’t have the pts for Wy just quite yet. Possibly NM if it wouldn’t completely break the bank. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I have zero experience with J Bar H but I do know a very old and accomplished elk hunter, a Colorado resident, who swears by them. His word is as good as gold so based on that alone I’d suggest giving them a look.

I have zero experience with J Bar H but I do know a very old and accomplished elk hunter, a Colorado resident, who swears by them. His word is as good as gold so based on that alone I’d suggest giving them a look.
I used J Bar H about 20 years ago for a drop camp and had a blast, excellent experience in every way possible. Who knows what the hunting is like now but I'd be confident that she is still running a top notch outfit.

OP
snvts82

snvts82

FNG
Thanks guys. I’ve heard nothing but good things about that outfit. I’ve got a call with them tomorrow