Horse lease

Looking to lease a horse for elk hunting first part of Nov. Anyone know of ranch/outfitter on the Stanley/Lowman area? Found a few reputable places but the cost to trailer from their place to hunting area is cost prohibitive.

Thanks in advance.

Looking to lease a horse for elk hunting first part of Nov. Anyone know of ranch/outfitter on the Stanley/Lowman area? Found a few reputable places but the cost to trailer from their place to hunting area is cost prohibitive.

Thanks in advance.

Most likely if they are requiring you to lease a trailer to haul from their place to the trailhead it’s because they are not permitted to lease horses in those areas. So to get around it, they lease on their private property and send the horses with you, but still a grey area to lease horses to people especially if they know you are taking them into public land. It’s angry area to lease horses and make money without having to have permits or insurance. Check ur contract on cost of a lost or injured horse, etc. if there’s no cash no contract it’s cause it’s illegal outfitting. Most people aren’t going to lease you a good horse without covering their own asset. If they do, they probably don’t care about the horse or you so ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thanks for the info. Leased in other areas of MT and ID before so understand the legalities that need to be followed. I was not clear about the trailering- I would not be pulling the trailer, they would be delivering to me at the hunt area.