Hornady Auto Charge Pro

I just placed an order for an Autocharge Pro through Cabelas using some points. This will be my first electronic powder dispenser.

Anyone using this one? How does it compare to others and is it more convenient than manual dropping charges and trickling.

Thank you

Last edited:

Wyohunth

FNG
I recently got one. It works great overall. I’ve found that it can be finicky, going over charge weight often, if it’s not level. Don’t forget to return the powder emptying contraption to the closed position when done!

OP
General RE LEE
I've been using one for about a year. It's fast and accurate enough, I've had no issues with the ~2k rounds I've loaded with it.

Just got mine delivered and plugged it up. Calibrated correctly right away.

Did you have to mess with the settings much or do you run the factory settings?

SouthPaw

WKR
Just got mine delivered and plugged it up. Calibrated correctly right away.

Did you have to mess with the settings much or do you run the factory settings?
I didn't mess with factory settings. As mentioned above, it will overcharge more frequently if its not level, if the bench is shaky/bumped, or if there is an air vent on in the room. It notifies you of overcharges.

For best performance I turn it on 10-15 minutes before loading to let it warm up, calibrate it, then load in a still environment.

574mag

FNG
I also just got mine. Haven’t even unboxed it yet. Here’s hoping it throws accurate charges for my long gun hunting rounds🤞🤞 I’d really like to cut down on the time it takes to make my 7 mm and 270 rounds.

OP
General RE LEE
I also just got mine. Haven’t even unboxed it yet. Here’s hoping it throws accurate charges for my long gun hunting rounds🤞🤞 I’d really like to cut down on the time it takes to make my 7 mm and 270 rounds.

I really enjoy mine. Allows me to seat bullets and do other stuff at the bench while dropping charges.

I have found it is within .10 of a grain. For example last night I was dropping charges for 42.4 grains. I would get charges 42.5,42.4 and 42.3 grains. I do keep my other scale handy but .10 of a grain is not much variance for many applications. I went to the range today and shot sub MOA groups and hit steel out to 1000 yards.

OP
General RE LEE
I evhas one since they were available in late 2020 early 2021. It's a time saver and I adjust the settings with each powder.

Yep I slowed the time and speed slightly last night when throwing H4350 to reduce over charges.

574mag

FNG
Started using it. I find that so far, it throws pretty accurate. They do very a little, but so far so good. I’m happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk