Hornady 300 WSM 200gr ELD-x

Hi all, my current rifle is a Browning X-bolt in 300 WSM with a Leupold vx3 4-14 CDS, and it loves the 200gr eld-X round. It’s what I calibrated the CDs to, but now I can’t find any ammo anywhere. Does anyone have any leads on where some is? Any suggestions on an alternative factory load?

my 300 wsm xbolt shoots it into tight little knots too. It shoots most ive tried well but nosler (trophy grade i think?) w/ 180 accubonds and the basic federal blue box 180 trophy shock or whatever they call them shoot tighter than you could ask for too.

OP
Bowhunting_Shawn
my 300 wsm xbolt shoots it into tight little knots too. It shoots most ive tried well but nosler (trophy grade i think?) w/ 180 accubonds and the basic federal blue box 180 trophy shock or whatever they call them shoot tighter than you could ask for too.
Yea I have no desire to dial in another round and have Leupold build me another CDS Dial. But that might be my only option as I can’t find the Hornady eld-X ammo anywhere

OP
Bowhunting_Shawn
That is the round I would use if i decided to switch, for now i will just keep searching for the hornady lol.

Federal makes, or made at least, a 200gr terminal ascent that I shot a Whitetail with last year. It performed well, and the deer died within 25 yards-ish.

That said, I switched to the Norma Bondstrike this year, and my Tikka loves it, and it’s available. I had an average velocity of 3024fps, and an extreme spread of 15, which to me seems fantastic for factory ammo. I personally think having ammo to shoot would outweigh contacting Leupold, but that’s just my 2 cents

Fishmaster196

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed Hornady during the summer of 2022 regarding their Precision Hunter in 300 WSM. They stated that they didn’t plan on tooling up for the round and didn’t know when they would.
Apparently to busy with the PRC rollouts.

OP
Bowhunting_Shawn
I emailed Hornady during the summer of 2022 regarding their Precision Hunter in 300 WSM. They stated that they didn’t plan on tooling up for the round and didn’t know when they would.
Apparently to busy with the PRC rollouts.
Well that sucks. I did come across two boxes, but I suppose I’ll start working up a zero for the Norma bind strikes

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
It may be worth it to dial another round. I'm only saying this because I emailed Hornady recently about some of their ammo that I can't find. Their response was that there are several rounds they're not producing right now due to demand of other calibers. The "wildcat" stuff has been put on hold and they have no idea when they will roll them out. I will say they were quick to respond and very polite.

This is what ammoseek showed

Yea I have no desire to dial in another round and have Leupold build me another CDS Dial. But that might be my only option as I can’t find the Hornady eld-X ammo anywhere

Another example on why CDS is a bad idea. Use an MOA turret and you won’t have that issue. Even if you find precision hunter, no guarantee the new lot will shoot the same or the same velocity.

Another example on why CDS is a bad idea. Use an MOA turret and you won’t have that issue. Even if you find precision hunter, no guarantee the new lot will shoot the same or the same velocity.

OP
Bowhunting_Shawn
Unless they've changed, that's not a true MOA dial that comes with the scope, but you can order one from Leupold.
This is exactly right, not a true MOA Dial. I am going to go ahead and get a dial done for the Norma 180 Bond strikes, I shot them this morning and the gun grouped them very well also. To be honest, it was fairly close to the 200gr ELD-X rounds dial out to about 300.

MHWASH

WKR
What comes with the scope and how is it not a true MOA?
I should have clarified, please keep in mind i'm going off of memory. I cleared out my Leupolds long ago. The dial that comes with it is MOA, it's just not marked with each MOA, meaning 1,2, ect. If I remember correctly it's marked every 3 MOA or something to that nature.

OP
Bowhunting_Shawn
I should have clarified, please keep in mind i'm going off of memory. I cleared out my Leupolds long ago. The dial that comes with it is MOA, it's just not marked with each MOA, meaning 1,2, ect. If I remember correctly it's marked every 3 MOA or something to that nature.
Mine is like that. I can’t even recall where the original dial is. I’ve had this scope on here since 2017