Hornady 147gr ELD M Powder

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I pulled a factory loaded bullet to check my distance to lands and compare it to a few other bullets I had out.

IMG_5881(2).jpgIMG_5882(1).jpgIMG_5883(2).jpg

The powder was compacted.

IMG_5886.jpg

It took a good bit of tapping to get it out and I had to send something down the pipe to poke and swirl to get the last grains out.

Can anyone identify it?

IMG_5887.jpg

I was going to re-seat it after measuring but I dropped a loaded round on the crucible while I was measuring and sent powder all over.

The original Hornady CM factory loads used H4350 and when they couldn’t get that for a while they went to Reloader 17
I can’t be positive but I think RL 17 is most likely

Juan_ID

WKR
I spoke to a couple hornady guys at the nrl fianle last year and it sounds like they use a fair bit of proprietary powders that aren’t available to the general public. Maybe that’s one of those special blends that looks like something it’s not?

Stick with H-4350 loading data in the Hornady loading Manuel, this seems like a dangerous road to go down, and perhaps mis-leading to a new re-loader.

OP
Nine Banger

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
That looks like a blended powder to me. The kernels are not uniform.
You're right.

I checked the trashcan and its 2 different powders.

That explains why it locked up so well inside the case too.

Reactions: WKR

Juan_ID

WKR
That looks like a blended powder to me. The kernels are not uniform.
Blended was the word I was looking for in my post. And I guess those would be available to the public if you knew how to mix them. Don’t mind me, just talking about shit I know nothing about. 😂

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
3oheight