Horn Hunter + Kifaru Longhunter combo

Wanted to share a few pics of a Horn Hunter Full Curl Frame and a Kifaru G1 Longhunter bag set up that SHTF and I put together.

I wanted a bigger sized pack than the HHFC Camp Bag (3000ci) could offer for a 10+ day backcountry hunt. After some consultation and advice from SHTF we were able to make it happen.

The G1 LH is approx 5200ci and the LH lid is another 1000ci. We added a pair of straps from a Kifaru lash kit to make the HHFC "grab it" work. We did this because the original top buckles for the grab it straps are covered by the wings of the HHFC frame when folded flat.

Now I have the full HHFC system and the option to run the HHFC frame and the Kifaru Longhunter bag for extended trips or taking extra stuff for the kids.

Big thanks to SHTF for his wisdom and patience. Great guy for sure!
2a3uzaqe.jpg
a7esene4.jpg
u4apa5a4.jpg
ube3u7as.jpg

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Great to finally see some Photos of it. All I did was sell you the bag and help you work out the fitting. This was all you Bill. Glad to be a part of it. Looks great. Now get out there with it =)

OP
mrbillbrown
You did way more than you'll know. Thanks again!

BTW, Major change in plans for my Sept Idaho elk trip. My partner's wife drew a Moose tag and we've had to cancel out Sept hunt. Definitely understandable but disappointed for sure.

Since it's going to be my first elk hunt I'm going to have to start my planning all over. (And solo at that). He had us all lined out for ID and was going to mentor me through the process. Will probably start looking for some place a little closer to OK. OTC public in CO, NM, AZ etc...

Thanks again brother. Appreciate you