Holy Smokes!!!!! Max is the real BMF!!!!

The title says it. Who here swatched that fight?

Who here doesn’t think Max Holloway is not the definition of the BMF belt owner?

The way he dominated Justin after breaking his nose at the end of the 1st round was to be expected. A broken nose is almost a 100% game over against a skilled striker like Holloway. But, the way he dominated nearly every second of the fight, to call a guy that he later admitted hurt him several times throughout the fight, to the center to slug it out the last 10 seconds, then to knock him out like that was EPIC. Truly deserving of that belt.

I will always root for Gatjhie. I’m hoping he comes for the belt 1 more time.

CDS8034

FNG
Great fight. I think things would have looked much different if Justin didn’t get his nose broke in the first round. Back to back eye pokes didnt help either. Tough to defend against a striker of Max’s ability when you can’t breathe and have your vision impaired for the majority of the fight.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
Great fight. I think things would have looked much different if Justin didn’t get his nose broke in the first round. Back to back eye pokes didnt help either. Tough to defend against a striker of Max’s ability when you can’t breathe and have your vision impaired for the majority of the fight.
Eye pokes need to be taken more seriously. Instant replays, loss of a point and sometimes immediate DQ.

OP
W
I agree. But, he doesn’t have any quit in him.

Vaultman

WKR
Eye pokes need to be taken more seriously. Instant replays, loss of a point and sometimes immediate DQ.
Before the event they were talking about the improved new gloves for 300. Ya know... to reduce eye pokes.

Max is a machine. He seems like such a great dude too. He should definatley get a shot at a title next! I wouldn't suggest 155 even though he looked strong.

Just for Gaethje to survive the second round with as bad as that nose was damaged, is amazing. I hope he can come back from that beating! Tony never did after Gaethje did it to him. :(

RMM

WKR
I hope Gaethje can recover from that fight. Those are the kinds of beatings that can change a fighter forever. Hard not to like Max though. He easily could have coasted to victory, but instead decided to bang it out for the last 10 seconds. Incredible.

I like Max and Gaethje (AZ boy), so it was good to see them (almost) go the distance. Love it when they just sit there and bang at the end.
I think I was more excited to see Pereira send Mr. Hill into the shadow realm early in the first round though. Don't see anyone challenging him at LHW.

Funny the way things go. Many people, including me, thought the fight might go like Justin's fight with Tony Ferguson, with Hollaway taking a beating that would make everyone cringe. Instead, it was the opposite. After the broken nose, every additional shot he took to the nose made me sick to my stomach. He's one tough dude.
Hats off to Max