Holy cow bow season is close.

11boo

WKR
I have my token 0 point EE draw tag . Due to a health challenge my wife has I won’t be going much, but blessed with hunting so close I’m acting like it’ll be a great season. Also lucky a good friend is coming for the whole month, so we are putting in an excellent camp.

IMG_9335.jpeg

Been out back most nights getting in the practice. Shooting well, and tonight I start hearing a “twang”.
Check everything and can’t find anything. Then I see it, the dang clear plastic ring protector over the sight fiber is cracked. I’ll put a dab of shoe goo or something on there. Too late to mess with anything.

I hope everyone has a great season, whatever one you do.

IMG_4137.jpeg

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Good luck! Hope the wife’s health improves, it is right around the corner
Thanks man. Just lucky to have a good guy coming out, we will make a camp and he’ll be in it all month. I can bang in there in a couple hours door to tent.
Gad I better start playing a tune on the diaphragm. GJ traffic is going to hear me roar.
Forgot all about that.

IMG_6823.jpeg

ElkNut1

WKR
Get after them brother, sending good vibes from Idaho! Luck to your wife in a speedy recovery!

ElkNut

It is very close. Yesterday my top cam bearing started crunching, I am pretty stressed out to miss the next week of shooting while those get replaced.

Sellers77

FNG
It is very close. Yesterday my top cam bearing started crunching, I am pretty stressed out to miss the next week of shooting while those get replaced.
Ughhh nothing worse than bow issues right before season!! Had that two years in a row. And was so tired of stressing out shooting last month before season worried I’d break something I caved and got a back up bow haha. Good luck getting the bow back and tuned up in time for the hunt man!

Bomar machine promised a 1 day turnaround, but the cams to go coast to coast twice in shipping. I will be buying another bow this winter

Bomar machine promised a 1 day turnaround, but the cams to go coast to coast twice in shipping. I will be buying another bow this winter
Hope you get up and running quickly. I always keep two fully set up bows, it’s like my equipment can sense the season is close. The past 3 out of 4 years a bow has gone down in some fashion within a few weeks of my first hunt.
Funny, I’ve never had one go down on a hunt, seems to always be in prep 🤞

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR

Cripe I hope it works out.
I sometimes wonder if I should have kept my old bow, but I knew a young hunter who was in a similar jam, week before season. I let him borrow it, he stuck a nice mulie, his first, and wanted to buy the bow. 12 year old bow….i said keep it .

manitou1

WKR
I plan to spend most of the month up there. I hope to set up 4-5 days on advance of the opener to get some more scouting in, wood cut, etc.

Man, this summer flew by! Still lots to do.

Good luck and I hope your wife gets better.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
We are going to have a great season guys. Even a few nights camping in the best part of the year is a win. Anything else is gravy.

I went and wrapped a little tape around the twangy plastic and it’ll do till October.
It’s split right under there.

IMG_9342.jpeg

Season is getting here quickly. Wishing you the best of luck, and sure hope all works out well for your precious bride.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Season starts Aug 15 for archery antelope here in MT. Plan to chase them (spot and stalk) for a few days and transition to elk in early September. Practicing with bow every day and getting in shape with Mountain Tough. Excitement is building for another fun season. Let’s Go!

Season starts Aug 15 for archery antelope here in MT. Plan to chase them (spot and stalk) for a few days and transition to elk in early September. Practicing with bow every day and getting in shape with Mountain Tough. Excitement is building for another fun season. Let’s Go!
Good luck! I have been doing MTN Tough since May and love it (not during the workouts though). Pre season prep has got me feeling great!

Well, so far usps is totally hosing me. Cams should have arrived at bomar on Monday, now aren't expected until tomorrow. What a clownshow that organization is.

Well, so far usps is totally hosing me. Cams should have arrived at bomar on Monday, now aren't expected until tomorrow. What a clownshow that organization is.
if you think thats a clown show, you clearly haven't worked for any government agency or locality