Holster for Kifaru belt

dotman

WKR
Ha, never read and drive!

Ha, keep your eyes on the road!

Have you done anything to the bottom of the serpa to keep dirt out of the barrel? Thinking a strip of duct tape on the bottom of the serpa that would still allow water to drain would work. Or is this really not an issue?

stevenm2

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Glock 29 in a Glock sport holster on a Kifaru holster adapter. Left side , not as noisy, Rifle does not bang into it.
I carry a separate leather holster for my belt. lightweight it works for me.

unm1136

WKR
I have turned down free Serpas, for many reasons. I am running a G-Code thigh holster for my 1911. I also prefer having my blaster with me, rather than on my pack, especially with a co-worker's recent run in with micro pharma in the national forrest last season. I am liking my Blade-Tec holster more than my G-Code, and when I switch to my Glock 20 I will likely go Blade-Tec with a HSGI harness, which should be more comfortable and be in Multicam, like the rest of my bargain Fleabay hunting ensemble.

pat

OP
Dodgeis4me

Dodgeis4me

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Glock 29 in a Glock sport holster on a Kifaru holster adapter. Left side , not as noisy, Rifle does not bang into it.
I carry a separate leather holster for my belt. lightweight it works for me.

Is the Kifaru holster adapter any good? They don't have pictures on there web site.

On my Kifaru belt: I've used both a Wilderness Tactical (with kifaru holster adapter) and a Tactical Tailor Lunar pouch (with G-Code wheel and holster).

I prefer the Lunar for versatility (velcro lined). With a Large Lunar I can conceal a Glock 20 (large frame 10mm) in a G-code holster with the molle wheel velcro'd to the inside of the pouch. I have to run concealed in certain state parks, and during archery season. Once at camp, I can disconnect the holster from the wheel and use a G-code belt adapter, or paddle adapter.

I found the Wilderness Tactical holster to be more robust and padded, but I am faster drawing with the Lunar.

db271ea1665c64b76de424e71c691b07.jpg

Been running this holster for 5 years. Blackhawk holster with a strike plate.

Im running the same setup on my kifaru duplex frame.

Brendan

WKR
Anybody else have issues reaching a pistol in a holster mounted on a Kifaru Belt? Granted, I have a bad shoulder, but I tried this last year and I feel like the grip sits too far back and too high for me. Maybe I need to upsize the belt one size to get it a little further forward...?

husky390

WKR
Anybody else have issues reaching a pistol in a holster mounted on a Kifaru Belt? Granted, I have a bad shoulder, but I tried this last year and I feel like the grip sits too far back and too high for me. Maybe I need to upsize the belt one size to get it a little further forward...?

I didn't but my shoulders are fine and it was on their holster adapter so I could slide it forward. I've since moved on to a HPG Kit Bag that I use to carry my G20, rangefinder, calls, and other misc. gear. That way if I ditch my pack, it all stays with me.

I am currently working with a holster manufacturer for this purpose. I didn't want a holster that only attached to the pack belt for situations when I dropped my pack. The rig is going to go on your pants belt and drop from there but not have to have a strap around your thigh. We are also working on a rifle butt holster that attaches to the molle on the pack. I feel it will be sturdier than using the belt pouches to put the rifle butt in. When I get them in I will report how well they work out.

I use a jury-rigged Blackhawk qd belt loop and a Safariland drop holster. It works well in combination.