Holiday reminder, Christmas parties.

I would like to share a personal experience with my fellow hunters about drinking and driving. This might save you the cost and embarrassment of being arrested for DUI. As you know, people have been known to have unexpected brushes with the authorities from time to time, often on the way home after a "social session" with family or friends.

Well, last night I was out for the a Christmas party at a great Mexican restaurant and had more than several margaritas .

Although quite relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was slightly over the limit, so I took a taxi home.

On the way home there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident. These roadblocks can be anywhere and I realized how lucky I was to have chosen to take a taxi.

The real surprise to me was I had never driven a taxi before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

In all seriousness, have your wits about you. Don't drink and drive over the holidays. Only takes that one time to ruin someone else's life.

Crusader

WKR
I would like to share a personal experience with my fellow hunters about drinking and driving. This might save you the cost and embarrassment of being arrested for DUI. As you know, people have been known to have unexpected brushes with the authorities from time to time, often on the way home after a "social session" with family or friends.

Well, last night I was out for the a Christmas party at a great Mexican restaurant and had more than several margaritas .

Although quite relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was slightly over the limit, so I took a taxi home.

On the way home there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident. These roadblocks can be anywhere and I realized how lucky I was to have chosen to take a taxi.

The real surprise to me was I had never driven a taxi before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

In all seriousness, have your wits about you. Don't drink and drive over the holidays. Only takes that one time to ruin someone else's life.
And your life as well....

BowTrout

FNG
Very true.

I think I could handle driving a taxi as long as it isn’t a Tesla. That seems to be more like a space ship

*zap*

WKR
Stay safe is #1. Only takes a second for a vbt to happen. Personally, I do not drink or use drugs and no way I am in a vehicle with a driver who is under the influence of either. I just try to watch out for the other vehicles...drive a bit slower.

Rob5589

WKR
Oldie but a goodie.

After 30 years of dealing with it, still floors me that people drive impaired.