Hoffman mountaineer question

Anybody have experience with these boots? I like the potential warmth this boot offers but for hunts where Temps are not as cold or being more active I feel like the 9mm felt would make it too hot. Anybody try fitting the 400g liner into these? If so you go same size or size up?

I've owned a pair and known several people who have them. For me they felt true to size. Very warm, very high quality. Also really heavy. If you want a heavy duty, warm pac boot I can highly recommend it. Don't know about the liners.

OP
T
Thanks, glad to hear they're a good boot. My feet get cold fast so that's why I was thinking the mountaineer instead of the double insulated guide but for warmer days or days with more activity instead of sitting wondering if it is possible to put the 400g liner in

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the Hoffman mountaineer boots…I think. They are the ones with the heel lock lace system. So far I like them, I got them on trade form a guy here on RS, they seem to fit a bit small/tight. It dosent bother me since I got them in trade but if I was buying a new pair, I’d get them a size bigger. Warmth is good and my feet don’t slide around inside of them.

OP
T
What size foot do you have and what size boot if you don't mind me asking?
I'm a size 12 and when I asked hoffmans they said I should be good woth a size 12 boot

sndmn11

WKR
Good to know, thanks
I also wear them quite a bit and did a handful of 10+ mile days in 2023. I don't find them to be too warm with activity. My theory is that the felt breathes very well and that helps to regulate. I like them enough that I will likely get a paid of Outdoorsman for upland hunting.