hiking /hunting boot

OP
Deer hunter
Crispi nevada, put them on and go with no break in needed. most comfortable boot I have ever worn.
I have been looking at the Nevada’s they look great Im trying to find somewhere that sells them here in New Mexico so I can go try them on and play around with them . A lot of people say my feet will love me . And right now after hiking around looking for a Barbary sheep today my feet hate me . My boots got torn and beaten down this year with all the shed hunting I did.

OP
Deer hunter
Welcome.

Where do you hunt and hike and typically in what season?

For combo hunting and hiking boots I like Crispi. The Thor’s are my current favorite. A good mid weight hiker with a stiff sole. I run a pair of Crispi Idaho’s for more support and I switch to kenetrek mountain extremes when temps drop. I have had good experiences with Asolo and older Merrells, though my last pairs died early deaths.
I’m from New Mexico so the ground is different everywhere I go .

I’m from New Mexico so the ground is different everywhere I go .

I know the variables in NM well. Those rocks on the Rim will destroy boots really really quick. I have a pair of Lathrop and Sons that I used while doing field work for game and fish and they are going strong after 4 months of use in the field. Lots and lots of hiking. That being said, they are stiffer than what I would want say hunting Elk in the Gila or doing desert mulie archery hunts. I would look for a boot in the flex range of a Crispi Nevada. I would say that flex would be the perfect all around. I am a smaller guy (5’4 160 lbs) though so boots are different flex wise for me. The Lathrop feel stiff to me but might not be very stiff to someone who is 6’0 200lbs. I think GoHunt has the perfect rating system for boots In their gear shop right now for someone who doesn’t have the luxury of trying on multiple pairs at their local stores. The boots I’ve seen are Hanwag Yukons, Salewa Mountain Trainer, etc. those are all rated the same flex as the Nevada’s by GoHunts system.

Scrappy

WKR

A few of crispi boots are on camofire today. Good luck on your boot search.

I love my Nevada's but I have been wearing the briksdals around the house for the last week and so far I think they fit my feet even better than the Nevada's.

OP
Deer hunter

A few of crispi boots are on camofire today. Good luck on your boot search.

I love my Nevada's but I have been wearing the briksdals around the house for the last week and so far I think they fit my feet even better than the Nevada's.
Ya I seen that. I really think I’m going to go with the Crispi Nevada’s .

OP
Deer hunter
I know the variables in NM well. Those rocks on the Rim will destroy boots really really quick. I have a pair of Lathrop and Sons that I used while doing field work for game and fish and they are going strong after 4 months of use in the field. Lots and lots of hiking. That being said, they are stiffer than what I would want say hunting Elk in the Gila or doing desert mulie archery hunts. I would look for a boot in the flex range of a Crispi Nevada. I would say that flex would be the perfect all around. I am a smaller guy (5’4 160 lbs) though so boots are different flex wise for me. The Lathrop feel stiff to me but might not be very stiff to someone who is 6’0 200lbs. I think GoHunt has the perfect rating system for boots In their gear shop right now for someone who doesn’t have the luxury of trying on multiple pairs at their local stores. The boots I’ve seen are Hanwag Yukons, Salewa Mountain Trainer, etc. those are all rated the same flex as the Nevada’s by GoHunts system.
After reading and multiple people keep saying the same thing about the Nevada’s I honestly thinking I’m going to give them a shot. I been been shed hunting 5B , 51 , 47,6c.16 and 46. And every where I go the terrain has its own twist I think the Nevada’s are going to be my twists to keeping my feel happy

After reading and multiple people keep saying the same thing about the Nevada’s I honestly thinking I’m going to give them a shot. I been been shed hunting 5B , 51 , 47,6c.16 and 46. And every where I go the terrain has its own twist I think the Nevada’s are going to be my twists to keeping my feel happy

They’re a good boot for that country, I worked a lot in 5B and hunted a ton in 16 and the terrain besides a few small places would be perfect for those places. The Nevada’s didn’t fit my feet but I know lots of people that swear by them.

OP
Deer hunter
They’re a good boot for that country, I worked a lot in 5B and hunted a ton in 16 and the terrain besides a few small places would be perfect for those places. The Nevada’s didn’t fit my feet but I know lots of people that swear by them.
I hope they work for me . Thank you for your help