HHA Tetra Max RYZ Sight Review

tam9492

WKR
Hi all!

I've spent time this summer shooting with a newer option from HHA - their Tetra Max RYZ sight. I'm a sucker for a good slider, but I'm stuck in old habits of wanting more than one pin for eastern deer hunting. It’s feature-rich but simple at the same time. It’s incredibly versatile, and if the sight works as intended in the field and holds-up to use, I think it will offer broad appeal to those engaged in varied bowhunting pursuits

@Justin Crossley or @robby denning will get the live review posted and linked up when it's ready.

In the meantime, feel free to get the questions rolling! Or add your own thoughts if you have the sight, too.

10/19/23 update; @Justin Crossley just published the full review at link below image. Interesting sight…
IMG_1696.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

OR Archer

WKR
Looking at these but I would like a single pin and another 4 pin scope for hunting.
You can buy an adapter and put an XL Ultraview housing on it. That’d give you the option of switching between a single or multi pin configuration by using the different pin cartridges that UV offers for their housing.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
10/19/23 update; @Justin Crossley just published the full review at link below image. Interesting sight…
IMG_1696.jpeg

JStol5

WKR
HHA is an awesome sight company. Great customer service, made in USA, insanely good warranty and helpful folks. Been shooting them for years, would only change to shoot an Option.

sndmn11

WKR
@tam9492 were the axis adjustments easy? The sight I used this year had one of the axis adjustments also was the gross vertical adjustment for the housing. It made me grouchy having to reset the axis adjustment when getting the housing in the right spot, and there wasn't any micro adjustment to it.

OP
tam9492

tam9492

WKR
@tam9492 were the axis adjustments easy? The sight I used this year had one of the axis adjustments also was the gross vertical adjustment for the housing. It made me grouchy having to reset the axis adjustment when getting the housing in the right spot, and there wasn't any micro adjustment to it.
They’re easily accessed, even when mounted on the bow, which is nice. I adjusted mine on a Brite Site bench top leveler though. They are not micro-adjustable on the axis, which does cause some frustration in getting things perfect. Hard to keep it where you want when tightening down the hex screws.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Bought one of these and it’s a good sight but I had issues with it keeping the 2nd axis setting without really cranking on the set screws but once I did that it held fine, I’ve gone back to my Spott Hogg FE just do to a larger sight picture. For some reason it is more pleasing to my old eye! They both have features I really like, if there was a way to combine them then it’d be the perfect sight for me.

I’ve been having sight in issues which is more than likely self imposed with this sight. I’m shooting a lift 30” draw 70# I have my sight all the way down on the rail and I'm barely hitting the bottom my block at 20 yards. Most the videos I've seen have the scope in the middle to lower end of the rail and have no issues finding the zero before getting to the hard stop on the rail. Any advice? Do I need to lower my entire set up to make this sight work as advertised?

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like something is wrong with your loop height or peep height. You will get limited yardage out of that sight the way you have it.