Here's a big Tule bull

BigSurArcher

Banned
Took a ride out to the coast yesterday and came across this monster bull Tule Elk, a trophy that very few people ever get the opportunity to hunt. Just thought I would share.

DSC02657.jpg

DSC02659.jpg

DSC02660.jpg

shaun

WKR
Nice! been lookin into those a little I diddnt know you could buy a land owner voucher in CA to hunt them I was under assumption dfg draw only

OP
BigSurArcher

BigSurArcher

Banned
I'm guessing Point Reyes. Nice photos.

Yeah Pt. Reyes, way outside the preserve on private though, kinda strange. It's cool to see what these things can reach in antler size without any pressure. He's the biggest I've seen out there.

2rocky

WKR
BSA it would have been entertaining to ask for guesses on State , country and species . I'd a bet folks would have thought NZ...

If I remember right, he is still on Park property. Probably gets a fair amount of cattle supplement in the winter too.
There is a term for the area designation...Pastoral zone or something like that...Tough place to ranch if you don't like bureaucracy.

Califhuntn

Lil-Rokslider
Wow that is a beast. What a Tule Elk. Most guys are not too familiar with Tule elk. That is a bull of lifetime and likely never be hunted.