Help with predator call purchase

Looking for a caller, I live in central mo. Mainly timber and cattle pasture, longest shot distance would be 500 yards. Hoping to find a caller in the 200-300.00 range
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks for any advice

duckp

FNG
i have the sabre its all the call i need 200 sounds and capable of downloading more if you want remote range is the best of any call 200 yds if you need it i never stretch it that far but i have gone a hundred with no problems . the newer models have rechargable batterys that you can just plug in witch would be nice but price will go up . i use rechargable enloops in mine they will last 2 or 3 nights

OP
R
Yeah that may be a little more than I want to spend, looks like a heck of a caller

foxpro is posting their Black Friday sale, not sure what lucky duck is doing. Don’t waste your money on one with a crappy remote and buy the best one you can afford. If you want to use it in the wind, higher volume is needed. Th x24 and shockwave are very popular for a reason.

TheGDog

WKR
--> Get the FoxPro24.

As long as the recording as well is of high quality, the fidelity of the playback is fantastic!

Mark5868

FNG
Almost all the callers today are good. The top three are Foxpro, Lucky Duck and Icotec.

Of those three the only brand I wouldnt buy is Foxpro not because its bad but because EVERYONE has one. I’d think every Coyote, Fox and Bobcat on the planet has heard a Foxpro.

TheGDog

WKR
Almost all the callers today are good. The top three are Foxpro, Lucky Duck and Icotec.

Of those three the only brand I wouldnt buy is Foxpro not because its bad but because EVERYONE has one. I’d think every Coyote, Fox and Bobcat on the planet has heard a Foxpro.
Faulty logic here. You're referring to the sounds played thru them, not the quality of the playback of the device itself.

Also, seems like lotta people just press play and do nothing but let it keep rolling, without trying to purposefully insert pauses in playback to create curiosity. Nor being judicious in volume.

Mark5868

FNG
Yup, some people just let the sound play others pause it.

I change up the sound every 3-4 minutes, but play it continuously. I’ve watched too many Coyotes lose interest when the caller goes silent for a “pause”

Neither way is the wrong way though.

jenkinsd

FNG
I would research the sounds of game that predators are attracted to in your area. Once you are familiar with those sounds then you can pick your calls accordingly. Personally I use calls that fit the area. Also all my calls hang from my neck.