Help!!! Needing advice on my first pack.

Not sure what you will be hunting out west, but I’ve had Kuiu Packs and have now owned a Kifaru for a couple of seasons. I definitely prefer the Kifaru by a long shot. However, if you can’t find something used that works good for you here, you can check the Kifaru Insiders page on FB. If none of that works, find a Kuiu pack system when they have one of their sales and that will be fine for now. Good luck!

I have a MR Guide Lite MT frame and an Eberlestock pack in the classifieds! I found the the Guide Lite frame/pack system to be personally very comfortable up to about 60lbs., but I did buy a K4 this year...

jmez

WKR
Buy a cheaper entry level pack for your first one. You don't know what you want or need. You don't know what features are important to you. The cheap packs work fine. Contrary to popular Rokslide belief, you can hunt, be successful, and get your animal out without the need for medical attention and counseling with an entry level pack.

Different brands have different features . Once you have used a pack a few years you will figure out what features are most important to you. You can then spend $600-$800 accordingly and get what you want. Not all packs are created equal, including the high end stuff.