Help me with a dilemma

Ok so I have been a Kifaru guy forever. I loved my first duplex and have run a duplex lite for the last 4-5 years. I don’t like it quite as much as I did my first frame. I just recently got a stone glacier sky 5900 for a deal I couldn’t pass up.

Now my dilemma is I don’t need both packs so I am trying to decide which one to keep and which one to sell.

Part of me wants to sell the Kifaru and try the stone glacier, then if I don’t like it I can buy the new Kifaru frame next year? Thoughts?

Also what would the going rate be for a wolf grey duplex lite, mountain warrior with lid, hip belts pouch and Nalgene holder be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Load them both up with an equal amount of weight and do some test hikes. Keep whichever one fits/feels better. If it's a tie, I would lean toward the SG because it's slightly lighter and has a load shelf built into the frame.

Jethro

WKR
Somebody most likely could help you with the what price question. But none of us can tell you which pack is better for you. The guys above explained the how, you’re going to have to figure that one out for yourself.

Load them both up with an equal amount of weight and do some test hikes. Keep whichever one fits/feels better. If it's a tie, I would lean toward the SG because it's slightly lighter and has a load shelf built into the frame.

What Mighty Mouse said. Can't speak to the Kifaru but love my SG 5900.

I have both of the packs you have. Mine are an old Kifaru Longhunter and a Stone glacier 6900 on a Krux frame. I can not help because I am keeping both. Kifaru will be a backup/loaner possibly training pack once I get my stone glacier dialed in.

OP
Jtelarkin08
Took your guys advice and loaded up the SG tonight and I absolutely love it with 35-40# in it. Much more comfortable than the Kifaru. I haven’t put 60#+ in it but I’m fat and out of shape and that will suck anyway. I am gonna go with my original plan and keep the SG. One of my best friends is getting the Kifaru at a hell of a deal.

Marble

WKR
Took your guys advice and loaded up the SG tonight and I absolutely love it with 35-40# in it. Much more comfortable than the Kifaru. I haven’t put 60#+ in it but I’m fat and out of shape and that will suck anyway. I am gonna go with my original plan and keep the SG. One of my best friends is getting the Kifaru at a hell of a deal.

I like to have two packs. Just me.

But you might try more weight to have an idea of what changes when there is heavy weight in it. IME, a lot of packs carry on until that 40-50 lbs area. When they start hitting 60 lbs+, that's when the better packs will start showing the differences. Both will probably be fine, but it's worth trying.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk