Help me pick a muzzle loader sight

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’m in Colorado so no magnification. My muzzle loader comes with a rail, but also tapped for iron sights.

CVA Acura

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I did some write ups back in 2016 on the rok blog, if you just do a search on our blog page, with muzzleloader as a keyword, it should come up. I think I had some videos linked in there too

It’s the XS ghost ring. Been really happy with those and completely Colorado legal. Killed both my Colorado bucks with the same sight. Excellent customer service too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgasner1

WKR
I’ve taken the Lyman globe and a Williams back peep to my smith and had him set it all up on about 4 different guns for people so far it’s great the front globe gets machined down and bolted onto the barrel so you don’t need a monster rail on the back for the peep. If your going to be shooting under 100 and hunting strictly timber I would just stick with the stock fibers and sight them in so when you put it on the bottom of a chew can it hits it. That way when you hold on a bull hold the lower third so
You can see the shoulder for your left and right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanimalW

WKR
I went with the Williams ghost ring to replace the rear sight on my CVA and left the front fiber optic. I was extremely happy with how I was shooting at 100. Sure it will be fine out to 150 or so, which is far enough for my needs. It’s like $15.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I went with the Williams ghost ring to replace the rear sight on my CVA and left the front fiber optic. I was extremely happy with how I was shooting at 100. Sure it will be fine out to 150 or so, which is far enough for my needs. It’s like $15.
Was it the whole unit or did it slide onto your existing ramp? Any chance you could send me the link?

DanimalW

WKR
Was it the whole unit or did it slide onto your existing ramp? Any chance you could send me the link?
I guess I did put a whole new rail/ramp on there too. Ordered it from Optics Planet a couple years ago. The whole black on black peep and globe thing just made me nervous for shooting in low light conditions. I'm sure it's the more accurate option at long ranges though.

1659534833737.png

Attachments

• ghost.jpg
    ghost.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 21

DanimalW

WKR
Just got an email from muzzleloaders.com. The new western precision muzzleloader sight looks like the way to go. Rear peep that mounts directly, and a front fiber optic with a hood over it.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Just got an email from muzzleloaders.com. The new western precision muzzleloader sight looks like the way to go. Rear peep that mounts directly, and a front fiber optic with a hood over it.
Unless there's an aftermarket part I can't find online there is no fiber optic incorporated in the western precision sight setup, just CNC cut reticle inserts. I bought it because it seemed like a great concept, and then read terrible reviews about low light situations and have never installed it. My Traditions came with the Williams standard fiber optic open sights and although the dots are rather bold, it's been reliable.

DanimalW

WKR
Unless there's an aftermarket part I can't find online there is no fiber optic incorporated in the western precision sight setup, just CNC cut reticle inserts. I bought it because it seemed like a great concept, and then read terrible reviews about low light situations and have never installed it. My Traditions came with the Williams standard fiber optic open sights and although the dots are rather bold, it's been reliable.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Just put this new fiber optic front on a White M97. Very nice. Way better than the old non-fiber optic.