Help make my my mind up on a brand of scope and go

KenLee

WKR
"a guy can’t see well enough through the SWFA non-HD glass to make a shot, their eyesight is probably poor enough they shouldn’t be driving alone, let alone hunting and shooting".

Like I said, cult following. That glass is basically the same quality as a Leupold vari-x II of the 1960s. No way it gets you a good view 30 minutes after sunset on a cloudy evening in the woods. Much less the hour after sunset which is legal in my state.

Reactions: WRO
You owe it to yourself to at least look through the Sightron SIII scope. Their lower end scopes are not worth your time, but the SIII series have great glass - at least as good as the better Leupold scopes, and their turrets are superior to most in the same price range. They have great repeatability and always return to zero. Well built and a good price for what you get.

Last edited:
To make this simple and to give you real world information about scope performance and drop test data, open the search and enter "drop eval" for the key words and by member "formidilosus". This search will list all of the drop evals and tests completed by Form thus far.

Like I said, cult following. That glass is basically the same quality as a Leupold vari-x II of the 1960s. No way it gets you a good view 30 minutes after sunset on a cloudy evening in the woods. Much less the hour after sunset which is legal in my state.

I can't comment on an hour past sunset (not legal here) but I CAN attest to the 3-15 in hardwood creek bottoms (most shots under 70 yards in those bottoms, occasional longer shots depending on stand location) up to 30 minutes past sunset and for me it's a non-issue. I prefer the Maven, but the SWFA is easily usable. It's actually a good scope that could be great if they'd update the glass to HD and trim down the turrets (even if only cutting and capping windage) and adding zerostop to elevation turret.