Hells canyon armory

I emailed Mike on Thursday morning and he answered me that afternoon.....he's slammed right now!

I'll add my name to the AG Alpine Hunter as well, great stocks.

Has anyone had them add an arca plate for your stock? If so, do you like it?
I just emailed Mike yesterday to see if he had a Tikka 7mm-08 take off barrel laying around and he got back to me this morning. Recently he has been quick to respond to any email I have sent.

I put a box of regular 280 core-lokt through my gun just to get the barrel dirty. After messing around with the scope I put 11 rounds in about 1.25" shooting fairly fast. Barrel got pretty warm and I was getting tired of shooting by the end.

Planning some load work up this weekend if the wind is light.

tam9492

WKR
Not to hijack, but for those with the Alpine Hunter: any reason to not go with the Visigoth to cut weight? Also thinking about eliminating the aluminum insert and the swivel studs to cut weight.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
Not to hijack, but for those with the Alpine Hunter: any reason to not go with the Visigoth to cut weight? Also thinking about eliminating the aluminum insert and the swivel studs to cut weight.
They only make the privateer and alpine hunter with the Tikka inlet.

RogerNH

FNG
Got my Tikka today from HCA. Been almost a year since I ordered. Fit and finish is excellent. There was a slight issue with the magazine latch (HCA bottom metal) where it wasn't quite engaging the notch on my Tikka mags. I emailed Mike about what I should do and he responded 10 minutes later. I decided to file the latch so after torquing the action in the stock about five times after taking a little off the latch every time, the mags would seat and latch fine. I mounted my Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 in NF Ultralight rings on a Warne base and it looks great. I weighed the rifle out of the box with just a mag and it's 6 pounds 11.5 ounces. I'll get a weight with the scope later when I take some pictures. Supposed to rain all weekend so it'll be a while before I can see how it shoots.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Got my Tikka today from HCA. Been almost a year since I ordered. Fit and finish is excellent. There was a slight issue with the magazine latch (HCA bottom metal) where it wasn't quite engaging the notch on my Tikka mags. I emailed Mike about what I should do and he responded 10 minutes later. I decided to file the latch so after torquing the action in the stock about five times after taking a little off the latch every time, the mags would seat and latch fine. I mounted my Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 in NF Ultralight rings on a Warne base and it looks great. I weighed the rifle out of the box with just a mag and it's 6 pounds 11.5 ounces. I'll get a weight with the scope later when I take some pictures. Supposed to rain all weekend so it'll be a while before I can see how it shoots.
Keep us posted. Photos would be nice.

huntnful

WKR
What cartridge did you go with for the new tikka build? Looking forward to seeing how it shoots!

I have this issue with one mag and one mag is fine. Did you file the inside part that grabs the mag to make it a little shorter?

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
I also just got my HCA rifle this week; beautiful work. Mounted scope, reloaded, and just got back from first range trip. My very first impressions are great; bear season is going to be fun.
.300 WSM
66.5 grains of 4831sc
200grain eldx
seated to Mike’s chamber measuring
CCI 250’s
2910 FPS

Pick of the rifle and first 4-shots:

Attachments

• 94FB28B3-374E-4407-9F23-776B071362E0.jpeg
    94FB28B3-374E-4407-9F23-776B071362E0.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 94
  • D6BFCAFE-EA03-40D9-B4D0-20E33666C64B.jpeg
    D6BFCAFE-EA03-40D9-B4D0-20E33666C64B.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 97

RogerNH

FNG
I have this issue with one mag and one mag is fine. Did you file the inside part that grabs the mag to make it a little shorter?
Yes, I filed the inside of the latch that engages with the notch on the magazine.

ofl0926

WKR
I also just got my HCA rifle this week; beautiful work. Mounted scope, reloaded, and just got back from first range trip. My very first impressions are great; bear season is going to be fun.
.300 WSM
66.5 grains of 4831sc
200grain eldx
seated to Mike’s chamber measuring
CCI 250’s
2910 FPS

Pick of the rifle and first 4-shots:

I have the same rifle, what were the measurements he gave you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
2.31” with 200 ELDX using a comparator for measurement

2.34” with a Berger 205

I wanted to stick with 195-208’s

RogerNH

FNG
Tikka T3x SS action
6.5 Creedmoor
22" HCA carbon barrel threaded 5/8x24
AG Composites Alpine Hunter stock
HCA bottom metal
Warne Mountain Tech Tactical Rail (0 MOA)
Nightforce Ultralight rings (low)
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 MOAR SFP scope
FDE H-265 Cerakote
Weight as shown: 8 lbs, 6.25 oz
Weight out of the box with a single magazine: 6 lbs, 11.5 oz

I need to order some shorter 1/4-20mm screws to attach a 2.5" Seekins SRS rail so I can use my Atlas bipod. I also have a SilencerCo Omega 300 suppressor.

Very happy with the build quality. It's been raining since I got it and it's going to rain over the next few days so I won't have a chance to shoot it for a while.

IMG_3804.jpegIMG_3805.jpegIMG_3806.jpegIMG_3807.jpegIMG_3810.jpegIMG_3812.jpeg

808hoghunter

Lil-Rokslider
6096F64D-8B47-46CE-831D-CB03749358FD.jpeg
It make take a little while but I just got mine and it’s a looker for sure .. 6.5prc McMillan stock 21 inch barrel… I’ll report back with how it shoots when I get a chance

I got my on 9/15/21. Most of it looked pretty decent. I had him add a picatinny rail on the stock. He cerakoted my picatinny for my scope black, but the one on the stock was left just anodized black. It had a little marring on it from where he mounted a bipod. Whatever. The finish on the cf barrel is not overly impressive. It has some pitting and some trash in the finish.

Initial ladder looked good (see below). I pulled the bottom metal to adjust the trigger. I noticed the rear action screw was loose... Really loose... I asked Mike what to set it to (45in-lbs) and retorqued them down. Bolt wouldn't open. Rear screw protruded through the rear tang. I trimmed the screw about 25/1000" and all is good now.

Groups opened up a lot on my next outing. Thought it was action screws but eventually figured out the brake had worked about 1/4 turn loose. Tightened back down.. groups shrunk right back. The rifle shoots really well.

I'm getting a very light ejector swipe on all of my brass, even when chambering an properly sized empty piece of brass. I pulled the ejector plunger and cleaned it, the spring, and the hole. To no avail. Asked Mike about it, he asked for pictures (sent on 9/29/21) no response to the pictures yet.

I've put 80 rounds through the rifle so far. Shoots good, feels pretty good, but can't say I'd do it again.
Update: I ended up having this rebarreled by a local smith with a Bartlein a few months after this post. I was getting some funky stuff with engraving on bullets just by chambering. I didn’t notice initially because I was just chambering and shooting. It seemed to be coming from the very front of the throat. Local smith says he thinks the reamer may have been dull.