Hello

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Rokslide..... New here to this fantastic site. I have the privilage of going on my first archery elk hunt this coming September. We drew unit 7 wyoming and are very excited to be able to enjoy the great wyoming terrain. I have hunted whitetails and bear for many years here in my home state of wisconsin, and rifle hunted elk once in Colorado. I am looking forward to the whole experience. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly apprieciated.

B

bearguide

welcome to rokslide. congrats on the area 7 tag. 7 is a great area and has some good public access areas. my son in law hunted there last year and got a 6, along with his brother and father. i think you will have a great experience. the wyo game and fish has a list of public walk in areas. they are usually better in sept b/c less pressure during the archery season. plus the elk are bugling. if you can get access to private land, then later the elk get pushed onto private. good luck

OP
B

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you , I am very glad to have found this site. It appears that there is a wealth of information I can gain here. Hopefully I can somehow be of a small help in return.

OP
B

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
We are archery hunting and I have already purchase the downloadble version from them and it is fantastic. I like the fact that i can view everything on the computer.

R

rebecca francis

Glad to have you here! And good luck on your hunt here in WY.

OP
B

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Mike that would be fantastic! Lots of prep work to do people to call and things to buy( my favorite)