Hello from ID 👋

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

P.S. You get the FNG ⭐ today for including terrific pix with your intro. If I were a little more on the ball, your ⭐ would have been delivered Saturday, but your intro escaped until today. :)

OP
tyler155

tyler155

FNG
Post up the story of the Axis deer hunt, please. :)
That hunt was on Molokai :). I went there in May and hunted with the plan of killing 2 mature bucks prior to killing any does. 3 days in and seeing lots and lots of game, this buck popped up out of the brush at just under 400 yards, adjusted the turrets and dry fired a couple times prior to sending a 195 grain Berger through the top of his heart. I ended up passing on lots of other smaller bucks, one at 19 yards off a cliff that I would have shot had I brought my bow. The last morning I was there prior to flying out, I shot two does off the same hillside, both through the heart too, 3 for 3 on heart shots and I felt 10 feet tall lol 😂. Got super super lucky.

The meat is incredible and the hides are beautiful. All three skinned out and being tanned, should get them back next couple of weeks. The vegetation was so so thick there that shots were either very close or long range and I love shooting steel at distance but not animals, just not my jam. All in all it was a great hunt and I want to return to do it again.

Bonus, shot my ram through the heart too so not counting chukars, I am 4 in a row on heart shots currently. 👍 doubt I will ever be able to say that again!

That hunt was on Molokai :). I went there in May and hunted with the plan of killing 2 mature bucks prior to killing any does. 3 days in and seeing lots and lots of game, this buck popped up out of the brush at just under 400 yards, adjusted the turrets and dry fired a couple times prior to sending a 195 grain Berger through the top of his heart. I ended up passing on lots of other smaller bucks, one at 19 yards off a cliff that I would have shot had I brought my bow. The last morning I was there prior to flying out, I shot two does off the same hillside, both through the heart too, 3 for 3 on heart shots and I felt 10 feet tall lol 😂. Got super super lucky.

The meat is incredible and the hides are beautiful. All three skinned out and being tanned, should get them back next couple of weeks. The vegetation was so so thick there that shots were either very close or long range and I love shooting steel at distance but not animals, just not my jam. All in all it was a great hunt and I want to return to do it again.

Bonus, shot my ram through the heart too so not counting chukars, I am 4 in a row on heart shots currently. 👍 doubt I will ever be able to say that again!
Great story. Thanks!