Hellbender to Ark frame “fix”

deadwolf

WKR
Received a new Hellbender to go along with a new ARK frame and I do not like that even with the pack compressed as far as it will go there’s still a ton of sloppiness and a gap where the built in load shelf is. Decided to remove the “tabs” that come with the frame and go directly to the frame with the bag straps. Looks like it will work fine to me, and does help with a little of that slop. Anyone see any issue?

I love auto lock buckles, but I kinda want to swap those out too. Between tabs loops, k clips, and auto locks you’re looking at like 6” of webbing that can’t be adjusted tighter.

Normal…

c40f296eecb3196484921eae8fc14e94.jpg

Tab eliminated…
e32416e1a39e718ccc8343dd7721dc92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iltasyuko

FNG
The bag to frame fit with the Hellbender was a huge disappointment - honestly couldn’t believe a high end product would be designed this way. Sold bag and frame and very happy with K4 now.

Hope your solution works out for you - looks like it’s a bit more snug on the frame.

Marble

WKR
I have a hellbender pack and I like it a lot. But I had the and frustrations with a sloppy fit. I have since found ways to make it ride how I like it.

It is my favorite day pack that I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk