Height over bore Tikka T3x

I have a Tikka T3x ultra lite in 6.5cm factory stock, with a Leupold VH-5HD 3-15x56 mounted with Leupold Backcountry base and rings. I need the height over bore measurement and don't have access to my rifle. Does anyone have this number?

Thanks!

I have a Tikka T3x ultra lite in 6.5cm factory stock, with a Leupold VH-5HD 3-15x56 mounted with Leupold Backcountry base and rings. I need the height over bore measurement and don't have access to my rifle. Does anyone have this number?

Thanks!

Nobody does. You'll have to specify what you mean by "base and rings" - do you have a picatinny base and rings or do you have the talley style rings with integral base? A guy would also need to know what height rings you have.

Are you just trying to enter #'s in a ballistic calc? If so, I'd throw 1.7" in the calc and rock on until you measure actual or can calc once you have base and ring spec.

A quick rough measurement puts top of tikka rail about 0.55" above center of bore.

OP
CjMelendrez
Nobody does. You'll have to specify what you mean by "base and rings" - do you have a picatinny base and rings or do you have the talley style rings with integral base? A guy would also need to know what height rings you have.

Are you just trying to enter #'s in a ballistic calc? If so, I'd throw 1.7" in the calc and rock on until you measure actual or can calc once you have base and ring spec.

A quick rough measurement puts top of tikka rail about 0.55" above center of bore.

okay perfect! I'll dig up some calipers later but I'll use 1.7 for now.

Macintosh

WKR
I’ve used:
Measure your barrel diameter below the scope bell and divide by 2.
Measure the scope bell and divide by 2 (leupold says 2.5”, so 1.25 to center)
Measure the gap between barrel and bell.
Barrel*.5 + scope bell*.5 + gap= the number you need.

My 42-44mm scopes are all really close to 1.7”, but not sure thats realistic with a 56mm objective. Its likely you’ll be a little higher. As a starting place adding half of the difference in objective size would get you to 1.9”.
(56mm-44mm=12mm difference. Half that is additional height over bore, so 6mm or .23”)

But Id measure it and be certain—bad inputs in your data can have you chasing your tail.