Heavy duty pack suggestions?

Hi everyone,

I’m in the military and I’m looking for a pack to hopefully use in place of my issued ruck. I’ll also be using it for personal uses both in and out of the military. Requirements for the pack are that it has at least 80 liter capacity, is molle compatible, and is available in multicam. I am prioritizing durability and comfort as I may use this pack to carry 60-100 lbs of equipment long distance. It may also need to get strapped to the outside of a Bradley on occasion.

One of the main brands I’m looking at currently is Kifaru but I’m torn between going with one of their current packs or looking around for a Mountain Warrior. I’m not sure which of their packs would be best in a tactical setting but they’re definitely known for their comfort/durability.

Mystery Ranch is an option as well but their packs seem less customizable than Kifaru.

I have a friend who swears by his Eberlestock Skycrane but I’ve heard they’re not the most durable in their price range and the carry capacity is a little less than what I’m looking for. It’s also an 11 lb pack unloaded.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jAKe0711

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru EMRs might be the way to go, they have MOLLE all over it and we're 1000D I have a coyote brown one I'd let go with a 26in frame.

OP
A
What sort of range of motion do Kifaru packs usually give your heads? Thinking about wearing this with a helmet, especially while in prone.

I used the military line of packs from Mystery Ranch when I was in the military. Worked well for me, strapped them vehicles, threw them out of helicopters and jumped with them on occasion.

TheGDog

WKR
Yeah, that sounds like my Kifaru EMR II. The awesome thing about that pack and you can fit a crap ton inside of it and you've got the long side pouches and I tacked on two extra pouches to the packbelt.

Now in my case... because of my old back trauma injury getting re-aggravated by the generous lumbar pad on that pack... and it's adjustability not allowing me much ability to hoist that lumbar pad higher up to get it off my Coccyx... I've since had to move over to the Outdoorsman's Palisade pack. With theirs I'm able to hike it up by tightening down on the shoulder straps, in order to lift the pad higher, so help avoid putting the pressure on that area of injury. And I also am starting to appreciate their style of rigid frame more.

But I do have to say I sadly miss having the packbelt pouches as an option though. I really loved having quickly accessible stuff just right there easy-peasy without having to drop your pack to get it.

But with what you described... yeah.. the Kifaru EMR II sounds like a perfect fit for the parameters.